+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve McNair killed in Nashville

Re: Steve McNair killed in Nashville

It breaks my heart that someone who was obviously a talented young man and a father is going to be remembered more for his mistakes than the rest of his life. For all we know, he was trying to end the relationship and the young woman flipped out. He might have had an epiphany about the dangerous game he was playing or a change of heart, but we'll never know. Everyone makes mistakes and most have the opportunity to correct them if they choose to. This young man never got that chance and I feel terrible for his family that this is the legacy they are left with.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

So sad. They just had a news conference with the Chief-of-Police in Nashville, that McNair was indeed murdered by Kazemi and then she commited suicide.
    He said that evidenced showed that McNair was asleep on the couch, Kazemi shot McNair, once in the right temple, stood in front of him shot him twice in the chest, then once in the left temple. Then sat down beside him on the couch and shot herself in the temple, postioning herself so she would fall in his lap when she died. In which after death she slid to the floor. The reasoning is, She believed that McNair was seeing another woman beside her and had even tried to follow this person. She confided in a co-worker on Friday night that she was devasted and ready to end it all.

I thought it was going to end up being the husband / boyfriend of the woman who came into the bar that night and claimed that it was McNair who gave her roofies. But, it does appear that it was, instead, his young girlfriend.Sad situation, for certain.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3552718;
    The reasoning is, She believed that McNair was seeing another woman beside her and had even tried to follow this person. She confided in a co-worker on Friday night that she was devasted and ready to end it all.
    I heard that she thought he was going to actually leave his wife and marry her. Silly Billy. Did she honestly think that he was going to leave his upstanding wife and 4 beautiful boys to run off with a Dave and Busters waitress?

Ok, that was mean, but what part of it wasn't true? Married men don't generally leave their families for girls like her (unless it's a mid-life crisis) and young girls shouldn't fall in love with men like this. By all accounts he was very generous with her so she should have just...gotten while the getting was good. Not that I'm condoning infidelity by any means, but someone who doesn't have qualms about having affairs with married men should have problems with being "gifted." Accept the gifts, get him to fund your college education. Do a Coco Chanel and get him to bankroll a small business for you. That way, when the day comes that he tires of you, you aren't out there in the wind to twist.

As horrible as it was that this affair cost him his life it would have been far worse if the usual scenario occurred; harm done to the wife (or perhaps the children). According to the reports released today his wife had no idea this woman existed. I feel very badly for his family. Him, not so much. And definitely not the mistress.

Update:

Steve McNair's girlfriend Sahel Kazemi committed murder-suicide - NFL - SI.com

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Former NFL star Steve McNair was shot dead in his sleep last week by a 20-year-old girlfriend distraught about mounting financial problems and her belief that he was seeing someone else, police said Wednesday.

Investigators may never know why Kazemi shot McNair four times as he dozed on a sofa early Saturday before turning the gun on herself, Police Chief Ronal Serpas said.

But interviews with friends revealed that she was making payments on two cars, her rent was doubling and she suspected the married McNair was having a second affair with another young woman.

She told a friend on Friday that "My life is a ball of s--- and I should end it," Serpas said.

Police earlier had labeled McNair's death a homicide, but waited for further tests and the revelations about Kazemi's personal problems before concluding that she pulled the trigger in a condominium McNair rented with a friend.

McNair, 36, a quarterback for the Tennessee Titans most of his career, met Kazemi six months ago at a restaurant where she was a waitress and his family often ate. She seemed happy and eager to build a life with him, but something went wrong.

"We do know that she was clearly sending a message during the last five to seven days of her life that things were going bad quickly," Serpas said, though there was no indication she told anyone she planned to harm McNair.

Serpas said detectives learned that Kazemi recently found out about another young woman she thought McNair was romantically involved with and had even followed that woman home, though she did not confront her.

Serpas said police believe McNair was asleep when he was killed because there were no defensive wounds. After shooting McNair in the head, Kazemi apparently shot him twice in the chest before shooting him again in the head and then shooting herself. The gun was found underneath her.

She sat next to his body and tried to position herself to fall into his lap when she died. She did, but her body slid to the floor and ended up at McNair's feet, Serpas said. The gun was found underneath her.

Kazemi's family told reporters that the woman was so confident McNair was divorcing his wife of 12 years that she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with him.

But associate Mike Mu, who has worked with McNair's charitable association for years, said McNair's wife, Mechelle McNair, "didn't know who this girl is." No records of divorce proceedings have surfaced.

Two days before the shooting, police stopped Kazemi driving the Cadillac Escalade sport utility vehicle that McNair had given her for her birthday in May.

According to an arrest affidavit, Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and alcohol on her breath. She refused a breath test and told an officer "she was not drunk, she was high." She was charged with DUI. McNair was with her but not charged. He later made her bail.

Serpas said that even though both her name and McNair's were on the Cadillac's title, she was apparently responsible for making payments. She was also making payments on another car after she couldn't sell it.

I have no sympathy for her and not much, at all, for him. He should have known better. I do think he certainly did not deserve to be killed.
    I've never understood why any woman - no matter her age - feels she can go out with a married man. And, the same would apply to any man going out with a married woman. Not trying to be all sanctimonious here. I just can't understand how any woman or man can rationalize that. I've never been a big believer in 'all's fair in love and war.' I do believe in 'karma's a b**ch' since I have seen so many who got cheated on themselves, after doing the same thing to others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3552336;
    I saw a segment recently on one of the Nashville news stations about how McNair spent the day before his passing - at a friend's farm fishing with two of his boys. In the midst of all the questions surrounding his death, I thought that was a nice report.
    The friend is Drew Maddux, former Vanderbilt University basketball player. His dad also played ball at Vandy. I went to school with his dad. They're a great family. It sounds like Drew is taking this hard. That's a shame. Look how many innocent people's lives this has affected.

I have to say, once the news came out that he had four bullets and she only had one, I figured it was a murder-suicide. The clincher was the bit about her thinking he would leave his wife. Yeah, like that was ever going to happen. (Never mind that as they say, when a man marries his mistress, he leaves a vacancy in that position.... so what did she think would happen if they ever did get married?!)

What a delusional nutjob.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3553989;
    The clincher was the bit about her thinking he would leave his wife. Yeah, like that was ever going to happen. (Never mind that as they say, when a man marries his mistress, he leaves a vacancy in that position.... so what did she think would happen if they ever did get married?!)

What a delusional nutjob.
    Exactly. Ironically, even if they marry the other person they tend to stay very paranoid and suspicious of their mates. Some happy ending...eh? No thanks!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess that these are the kinds of things that can happen should you decide to let your "#@*%" run your life, huh? Folks don't always get a free pass.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast