+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Steve McNair killed in Nashville

Re: Steve McNair killed in Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3543824;
    I don't think anyone that "plays" deserves to die. We have come a long way from stoning people committing adultery. I don't condone adultery, but I don't think it's punishable by death and I don't think McNair or his family deserved this. Very sad.
    I didn't say the guy deserved to be stoned or hung in the town square. What I meant was there are consequences for our actions. Unfortunately, he paid with his life.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3543890;
    I didn't say the guy deserved to be stoned or hung in the town square. What I meant was there are consequences for our actions. Unfortunately, he paid with his life.
    Still it's a little extreme. Yeah, he was stepping out, but that shouldn't cost you your life. And yes, some actions should have consequences, but not these.

Yes, you should be more cautious of people, but sometimes unstable doesn't show until it's too late.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Shouldn't cost him his life, but it did. And he's not the first person to be killed for screwing around. I'm not trying to take some moral high ground because I'm not that sanctimonious. However, I stand by what I said...he played and he paid.

When you're talking emotions and love gone wrong, I don't think you can predict how stable or unstable someone is going to be. This girl was young too with probably not a lot of life experience when it comes to relationships. I read that she told friends he was going to leave his wife to be with her. When you're young and in love and consumed with someone, you tend to believe crap like that. Someone with more life experience would have most likely known that men don't usually leave their wives for the other woman.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

His whole family paid...unfortunately. This didn't happen to just HIM; it happened to THEM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This whole thing is just so very sad. I wonder if his wife knew about the other woman or if this is how she found out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, I guarantee you she knew.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

RIP Steve as you will be missed! Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family!
    Easter Bunnies!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3544543;
    Oh, I guarantee you she knew.
    Oh?

FORT Fanatic

I'm stunned and saddened by the news. I know that people die every day, but there's been a TON of high profile deaths in the past week or so. Also, in the football community, McNair's death marks 3 deaths via murder in 3+ years (Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor and now McNair). My thoughts and prayers are with the McNair family in this tragic time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast