+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Hockey Championship

eny
    FORT Fogey

Upsets causing Havoc at the World Hockey Championship

Latvia loses 6-1 to the Canadian team .
    Poor Irbe was missing the two biggest pieces of his team ,Sandis Ozolinsh of the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and centre Sergei Zholtok of the Minnesota Wild .Who would normally be out of the playoffs and playing at the Worlds.

Mean while The Canadian team is stuffed with players who would normally be playing in the playoffs
    Darren McCarty/ Kris Draper of the Wings. Steve Reinprecht of the Avs , Dany Heatley ( well he'd probably be playing anyway), Anson Carter, Mike Comrie and Ryan Smith of the Oilers.
    The Swedish team will include Mats Sundin,Peter Forsberg , Mikeal Renberg and Heinrich Zetterburg most of whom were in the playoffs this time last year.

No word on the US players as they lost badly to Denmark. Chris Chelios former team captain at the Olympics had promised to play for the US, but pulled out at the last minute.

(Denmark has a hockey team?)

Marion Hossa of Slovakia is of course with the Sens While his Dad is coaching the national team. Brother Marcel is with the Hamilton Bulldogs who are in their own playoff series.
    I wonder which games Mom is at?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    The US team had Jim Fahey and Nikko Dimitrakos from the Sharks. Ooooh.

Of course, I'm sure the losses were the fault of all the other guys on the team.

Denmark has a hockey team after 50 years of not having one.

Hahaha, the US team sucks so bad.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I was really surprised than NONE of the American NHL who were any good showed up to help out the US team. That really sucks guys shame on you !!!! Cheliho pulled out because there were no "names" going
    All the other teams are stacked with good NHL. Denmark hadn't had a team since like 1942 when they were beaten 47 to 1 .

They let Salo sit out the Belarus game

eny
    FORT Fogey
    More Worlds News
    Ziggy Palffy had two goals and two assists and Jozef Stumpel scored a goal and set up three others as Slovakia routed Japan, 10-1 Also playing for Slovakia, Ladislav Nagy of the Phoenix Coyotes and Richard Zednik of the Montreal Canadiens , who both scored, as well as Washington Capitals right wing Peter Bondra and Miroslav Satan
    Saku Koivu had three assists and Teemu Selanne had two goals and an assist as Finland had an even easier time with Slovenia, 12-1.Also playing for Finland Janne Niinimaa and Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Aki Berg .
    Radim Vrbata of the Carolina Hurricanes and Martin Straka of the Pittsburgh Penguins each scored twice to help the Czechs remain atop Group D. Tomas Vokoun of the Nashville Predators stopped 26 shots and Robert Reichel of the Maple Leafs contributed three assists in his tournament debut. They defeated Austria 8-1.

The US is headed for the relegation round as they have lost all games. No good NHL players supporting the US team ,
    except for the amazingly inept one game Leaf screw-up Phil Housley , but hey at least he showed up...

Phil Housely is just trying to re-learn which end of his stick to use.

Also bwahahaha at the 10-1 score.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He was pretty pitiful in the one leafs game .
    Oh you are supposed to keep the puck and not give it to the guys with the other jerseys, I get it now.
    Hopefully the Team USA jerseys will remind him .
    Oh yeah I'm American and that means I keep it away from the guys who aren't dressed with USA .

I didn't see the game though, maybe he was handing it to the guys from Denmark and Austria.

I thought Austria said "Australia" and I was like, ok if they can't beat an Australian ice hockey team that's sad.

But you said Austria so carry on.

Hey, do you know if Loser Aebi is playing for the Swiss? I'd imagine he is as he was their goalie at the Olympics.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    No I checked the roster , and for some reason he's not playing.

The IIHF 2003 championship Tournament Check the website to see who is playing.
    Marleau of the Sharks is a hot dude at the tourney. (Hot as in playing well )
    The Finland Czech game is shaping up to be a good one. Both teams are about half NHL.I'm kind of surprised that Hasek isn't playing for the Czech's.

Oh puhlease, don't make me barf by metioning the H-word.

Oh cool, the cute Ferraro twins are playing for the US.

Maybe Aebi is ashamed to show his face or something. Or all the fondue pot banging raelly gets to him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast