+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

N F L 2009

The NFL schedule is out for 2009 so I thought I would go ahead and start a thread for this season.

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2009

Sad to hear about the retirement of John Madden. How to watch football without Madden? Growing up during the Madden era, I feel spoiled. The rest of the announcer suck.

On the up side, the Bears scheduale is really a piece of cake. Gotta think the Bears could go 12-4. Win division easy. Packers have no game, Minnie is a bunch of drugged losers, Detroit, aww poor Detroit.

Unless Cutler is way better than I believe he is, we will be kicked out of the playoffs at the first game. But, we still win the NFC north. woot woot woot

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3417392;
    Sad to hear about the retirement of John Madden. How to watch football without Madden? Growing up during the Madden era, I feel spoiled. The rest of the announcer suck.
    A lot of the other color folks do suck, as you put it, but as much as I dislike both Joe Buck (loved his dad, though) and Fox, I have to say that Troy Aikman brings it to the yard when he's broadcasting.

I'll miss John Madden, I'm old, I remember him as a coach - loved him then, love him now, but once Brett Favre retired, you sort of had to know that Madden was going, too.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fanatic

As a Bears fan this years draft was a snorefest. I do wonder what the Bronco's are up to though. Either they are geniouses or morons. Time, the ultimate judge will make this desicion.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3417392;
    I've always liked the duo of Jim Nantz and Phil Simms personally. So long as they're still around, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3417568;
    A lot of the other color folks do suck, as you put it, but as much as I dislike both Joe Buck (loved his dad, though) and Fox, I have to say that Troy Aikman brings it to the yard when he's broadcasting.

I'll miss John Madden, I'm old, I remember him as a coach - loved him then, love him now, but once Brett Favre retired, you sort of had to know that Madden was going, too.
    Who doesn't? I watched an inning of Red Sox-Yankees after a four month hiatus from him, and that was all it took to remember how much I can't stand him (or Tim McCarver). But being a Giants fan, I get more than my fair share of Buck and Aikman. As for Aikman, after listening to him unnecessarily interject "what" into sentences, it's become a joke between my dad and I. Drives my dad crazy, I mostly think it's funny.

My favorites are Nantz and Simms, too. Summerall and Madden were the best, and I do miss them.

I'm thinking the Raiders just put all the names in a hat and picked that way. I mean talk about alot of nonsense.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3425475;
    My favorites are Nantz and Simms, too. Summerall and Madden were the best, and I do miss them.
    Can't stand Jim Nantz, myself. I will eventually read his book, as I understand it's worth it, but as an announcer, I just can't get with him. I mean, he calls Peyton Manning 'Peyton' all the time. It makes me wonder if, when they meet up, Nantz sits in Manning's lap.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3424812;
    As a Bears fan this years draft was a snorefest. I do wonder what the Bronco's are up to though. Either they are geniouses or morons. Time, the ultimate judge will make this desicion.

McDaniels is a moron. Sorry, I was highly disappointed with our draft. I think we're going to win 3 games. Which would be great because he'd get a high draft pick...but McDaniels traded that away. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3425811;
    McDaniels is a moron. Sorry, I was highly disappointed with our draft. I think we're going to win 3 games. Which would be great because he'd get a high draft pick...but McDaniels traded that away. WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The one thing you can bet on: Egos kill football teams. The Broncos are suffering from egomania. Oh well, a good kick in the head (i.e. a 1-15 season) will help them lose the egos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast