+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2009

Just heard on ESPN that Farve is on his way to Minnesota as I type this. One year 10 million dollars contract. Which I guess means next year he will play for Chicago for 8 million dollars. Silly Farve, go retire you were one of the greats, time to rest now.

FORT Fanatic

I guess Shanahan can go coach for the Vikings next year since Favre's indecision will (once again) cause a head coach to lose his job.

Second to My Charger Love is my Love of Brett Favre. I have to say he does know how to work an angle. Brett still loves football he just doesn't like all the training camp and all the other junk that goes with it. I love the man if he wants to play he just should and not worry about what other people thinks.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My sister used to work for Citibank and went back and forth to Green Bay a lot for them. She started going to Packers games and met Brett at a couple of charity events. When he went to the Jets last year we went to a few Meadowlands games and one of my boyfriend's friend's works for the Jets and we also attended a function where Brett remembered my sister.

I can understand why people are somewhat frustrated with his back and forth but that doesn't change the fact that he is a football legend. And an incredibly nice guy. Not to mention the fact that he's out there competing with some guys who are almost half his age.

And the Vikings continued to pursue him b/c he's their best option to be competitive this season as well as for increasing their attendance which hasn't been great despite decent play. When Brett was w/ the Jets last season they actually got as much attention as the Giants which never happens in NYC. And I can only hope someday that I'm as valuable in my career that I'm continued to be offered opportunities to lure me out of retirement.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3667693;
    Second to My Charger Love is my Love of Brett Favre. I have to say he does know how to work an angle. Brett still loves football he just doesn't like all the training camp and all the other junk that goes with it. I love the man if he wants to play he just should and not worry about what other people thinks.
    Go Brett!!!

This training camp thing for veterans is a real issue the NFL needs to look at. It's why Michael Strahan retired -- after incurring fines for blowing off much of training camp his last season and then still managing to be dominating in the Super Bowl.

My bf told me the League is seriously considering cutting at least one of the preseason games and increasing the # of regular season games. Not sure if that would also shorten training camp but that seems like something they should consider at least for veterans as long as they are participating in off-season workout programs, etc.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3668724;
    And the Vikings continued to pursue him b/c he's their best option to be competitive this season as well as for increasing their attendance which hasn't been great despite decent play.
    As of this morning they've apparently sold more than 2000 new season ticket packages and 6000 individual tickets in the less than 24 hours since his announcement yesterday.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Wow plaxeico Burris will spend 20 Months in prison. I say he is so done in the NFL after this. He will be 34 when he gets out and then may be suspended by the NFL also

Burress pleads guilty, will serve 2 years in prison - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

And all because he shot HIMSELF.

No other living creatures were injured or died at his hands.

Call him reckless, harebrained, foolhardy, negligent, careless, hazardous, irresponsible, reckless and even pococurante . . . . .

perhaps even stupid . . . . . .

but he is not a killer.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

And lied to the police and tried to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3671231;
    And all because he shot HIMSELF.

No other living creatures were injured or died at his hands.

Call him reckless, harebrained, foolhardy, negligent, careless, hazardous, irresponsible, reckless and even pococurante . . . . .

perhaps even stupid . . . . . .

but he is not a killer.
    It's mindboggling that Dante Stallworth killed someone and gets 30 days in prison (plus house arrest, I know) and Plax shot himself and gets two years.

That said, NYC has some of the strictest laws in the country when it comes to carrying an unlicensed weapon. Either they let him off the hook, and then the laws have no teeth, or they send a high profile example of criminal possession to jail. Off the bat, it was pretty obvious that it would be the latter.

+ Reply to Thread