+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

I may be in the minority here but I think he should be allowed to play again (maybe he'd be a nice fit for the Raiders )

What he did was horrible and inexcusable but he's done his time. If Leonard Little was allowed to play (he killed a human being while driving drunk), why shouldn't Vick play? Ray Lewis was indicted for murder and aggravated assault (luckily for him he accepted a plea bargain) yet he wasn't even suspended.

Mike Vick should be allowed to seek out a job and if a team wants to give him a chance, that's on them.
    Last edited by football_chick; 07-20-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo

FORT Fanatic

It's not just that he maimed and executed dogs. He lied about it and ran an illegal gambling operatation for YEARS!!! People are forgetting everything that he did. It was heinous, dishonest and against every code of conduct that exists in the NFL. I don't think Goodell has the cajones to ban him for life, but I really hope he suspends him for a year, at least.

Not all people are forgetting however if we are going to talk about an NFL Code of Conduct - I suspect that more than a few players would be in violation. The NFL has players who have been arrested for domestic abuse, battery, drug charges, DUI, and the list goes on. I am not comparing these violations to what Michael Vick did but like I said, he served his time (23 months). Actually, I believe he served more time in prison that some people have served for manslaughter.

If he is truly remorseful the man deserves a second chance. Just my opinion...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe Ben Roethlisberger needs an 18 hour/day off season job that keeps him out of trouble? Seems like it's always something with this guy....

Ben Roethlisberger Facing Civil Suit Over Alleged Sex Assault -- NFL FanHouse
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3596641;
    Maybe Ben Roethlisberger needs an 18 hour/day off season job that keeps him out of trouble? Seems like it's always something with this guy....

Ben Roethlisberger Facing Civil Suit Over Alleged Sex Assault -- NFL FanHouse
    Speaking of code of conduct....yikes, this could get ugly.

Maybe Ben will say it was the guy who was accused of impersonating him a few years back?

You're right prhoshay - it is always something with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3595311;
    It's not just that he maimed and executed dogs. He lied about it and ran an illegal gambling operatation for YEARS!!! People are forgetting everything that he did. It was heinous, dishonest and against every code of conduct that exists in the NFL. I don't think Goodell has the cajones to ban him for life, but I really hope he suspends him for a year, at least.
    The way Goodell has dealt with everyone who has violated the code of conduct thus far, Vick will almost definitely get something.

And the whole remorse thing-- well, sure, he'll say he deeply regrets everything, blah blah blah, I'm so sorry, I made a huge mistake. Is he sorry, or is he sorry he got caught? Big distinction to be made there. Is he truly regretful, or is he trying to play his cards right so he can come back to football?

Ben Roethlisberger needs a nanny or something.

FORT Fanatic

Micheal Vick committed crimes. He served time in jail for those crimes of which he was convicted. He is now a free man. Free to ply his trade in a legal fashion. Sure, I hate what he did, but that is the past let him try to regain what his behavior and desicions cost him.
    Killing a man while drivng drunk gets one year suspension from the NFL, and only 20 days behind bars. Gambling over the murder of dogs got Vick prison and his whole life taken away. I would say that he should get a do-over without a suspension considering technically he couldnt play football while he was in jail.
    PETA has a big mouth and will probably see to it that Vick gets a stiffer sentence than a man who killed a human being with car. And for that I say shame on the NFL.

Not sure if this is the correct thread for the Erin Andrews story - Mods, feel free to move it if necessary - but there is an update in the leaking of the story.

ESPN OUTED ERIN VIDEO- New York Post

NO one would have known that a sick voyeur had secretly videotaped ESPN reporter Erin Andrews nude in her hotel room, if the Mickey Mouse sports network hadn't sent a letter to an obscure Web site demanding that it take down its link to a fuzzy video of an unidentified blonde. The video had gone largely unnoticed since it first went up in February, according to a girlie-posting site, DonChavez.com. Last Thursday, NSFWPOA.com, which had linked to the Andrews shots, got a letter from ESPN counsel David Pahl demanding the "pictures of a young, blonde woman" be removed. It didn't take long for Web sites to identify the blonde as Andrews -- and her lawyer soon confirmed it. ESPN rep Chris LaPlaca refused to admit the network had outed its own employee with its legal letter, but told us, "Any action we have or will undertake in this matter is in concert with Erin and her team."
    This thing really sucks and I feel badly for her. The story just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. If this ends up being true, and ESPN actually created the story in it's efforts to quash it - WOW Can you say "out of court settlement" ???

FORT Fanatic

Roger Goodell really isn't trying to make friends, is he?

The 2010 Draft is changing from a 2-day weekend draft to a 3-day draft starting Thursday night. People on the west coast will miss the first round on Thursday night and most of the 2nd and 3rd rounds on Friday night (unless we want to use vacation time to leave work early).

Hasn't Goodell heard of the phrase, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Arg!!! The season hasn't even started yet and between Vick, Rothliesgerber and this there's so much drama already.

+ Reply to Thread