+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Thread: N F L 2009

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2009

I wanted the Colts to win, but I have to admit that the Colts were outcoached. The onside kick really turned the tide of the game. I think it's ridiculous though that people are already talking about whether the Saints will repeat or not. Give me a break. They just won the game yesterday. Alot will determine whether they repeat for not...I don't think they will because now they'll have a target on their back. They won't be able to sneak up on some teams like they did at the beginning of the year. I think AFC wins the Super Bowl next year. (hopefully not the Chargers - IMO).

FORT Fogey

I have noticed a lot of people are blaming the colts' loss on coaching. I think its a cop out. Colts fans are trying to blame everyone but Manning. But coaches don't throw interceptions and kickers only miss 51-yard field goals when the offense fails to move the ball in the proper direction. It isn't all Manning's fault, but he was outplayed and outsmarted by both the coaches and the players. My favorite moment of the game was Lance Moore's two-point conversion. Talk about the perfect mix of athleticism and quick-thinking! I feel badly for Hank Baskett. A lot of people are blaming him for losing the game because he didn't recover the onside kick. But the whole point of the onside kick is to prevent the other team from possessing the ball so he was set up for failure. It was a near-impossible situation for Hank or anyone. I mean, he was trying to catch the football on a bounce and he had to take a dive to avoid a saint at the same time. I don't even think he got his hands on the ball. I think I'd have been surprised if he did recover it given the circumstances.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Congratualtions, Saints! New Orleans was well overdue for something good to happen for them. Interestingly enough, while I was super-supportive of the Colts all year long, my family is from New Orleans. I come out a winner, either way! It's all good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Checking in from Ecuador... had my roommate dvr the game. Worth watching? And chrisg, where are you? No Superbowl wrap up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3827044;
    Checking in from Ecuador... had my roommate dvr the game. Worth watching? And chrisg, where are you? No Superbowl wrap up?!
    At the beginning, watch the Betty White Snickers commercial. Then ff past the half -- unless you want to see The Who's phone-it-in performance. Watch the second half. Drink a hurricane.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That was a wasted half-time show, IMO.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3827044;
    Hi M! Hope you're having a great time. How is your weather?

And, you know, I didn't really watch the game that closely! One of my friends had a Superbowl party so I was chatting away during most of the game. During the season, I usually watch games with my boyfriend and he likes total silence broken up by only a few football comments here and there so it was really refreshing to just gab away! It's nice that the Saints won as the underdog, though. And it's tough to repeat, so hopefully that will make things a little easier for the Giants and Cowboys in the NFC next year.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3821532;
    Congratualtions, Saints! New Orleans was well overdue for something good to happen for them. Interestingly enough, while I was super-supportive of the Colts all year long, my family is from New Orleans. I come out a winner, either way! It's all good.
    Sorry about your Colts, Shay, but you always take everything in such stride and try to see the silver lining in every cloud. That's a great quality to have.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

The NFL Preseason Schedule came out the other day. I am soooo ready for football. I can't wait for the Draft and the Regular schedule to come out. Is it September yet?

+ Reply to Thread