+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Colts and Saints are really both great teams. But it will come down to the defenses. Offenses score you the points, but the defense wins you the game!
    Happy New Year 2015!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We (the Colts) may have a serious hole in our defense, due to an injured Dwight Freeney. He is a key defensive player. I do know that he did not practice on Tuesday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3819485;
    We (the Colts) may have a serious hole in our defense, due to an injured Dwight Freeney. He is a key defensive player. I do know that he did not practice on Tuesday.
    I was watching PTI at the gym the other day and someone was saying that given the information they had, it could potentially be a partially-torn ankle-something (clearly, I have no future in medicine. Couldn't tell you if it was a tendon, ligament or muscle, can't quite remember exactly what was said. I did hear partially-torn, though!). Not good news, although it's the Superbowl and I'm sure he'll be out there as long as he can walk.

Anyway, since I'm leaving tomorrow, weather gods-willing, I hope you all have a wonderful Superbowl with a great game, delicious food, good friends, and funny and creative commercials!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He did not practice yeserday, but said that thte swelling had gone down and that it was starting to look like a regular ankle. He'll try again today. Doesn't sound good.

He should have been in the hyperbaric DAYS ago. I'm not a doctor, but damn, I do have a brain!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

congrats to to the New Orleans Saints! Geaux Saints! Drew Brees son is a cutie!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Saints win! I'm glad for that! I was surprised though since few of the experts picked them to win and the ones that did said that they'd win because they had "heart." The better team certainly won. Drew Brees definitely deserved MVP and Peyton Manning really blew it at the end. He wasn't the only one who made mistakes, but he might as well blame the loss on himself since he threw that interception. The Saints were a great team to root for. They had the story, they took risks, and they were a well-rounded team. It was frustrating that they didn't/couldn't throw to Reggie Bush more. He's someone I trust to make exciting moves.
    I'm not a fan of the Mannings and I hope this is the last time I have to see them in a super bowl. I'd prefer either of them over Brett Favre. I'm hoping he finally retires and quits that fake limping.

Saints
    (My husband was just disappointed that the TV cameras didn't show Kim Kardashian jumping in the stands . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3820593;
    Saints
    (My husband was just disappointed that the TV cameras didn't show Kim Kardashian jumping in the stands . . .)
    He missed Kim on The NFL Network with Reggie afterwards. For a minute Reggie looked like he was going to propose right there.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

To the Point

The Saints won this game with gutsy play. I wanted to Colts to win, however, I'm not the least bit upset. Congrats Saints.

Congratulations to the Saints!!!! It was a fun game to watch, and I just love when the "underdog" wins.

+ Reply to Thread