+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3808351;
    My point was that he was faking it!!! lol!
    And my point is that unless anyone posting here is Brett Favre there is no factual basis to state that definitively, much less repeat it definitively. It is entirely inconsistent with Favre's 19 year career when he has played with documented injuries for which other players have missed games.

Here are the words of Tom Jackson who played nearly 15 years as a linebacker in the NFL. If you have a source with NFL experience that backs up the claim he was 'faking it', please post it. If not, I'll take Jackson's informed opinion as my final word on this one.

"What I will take away from this game, and yes it’s a team game, but the story really was Brett Favre. The courage that he showed on the field, the pounding that he took, the way he kept standing up, bringing this football team back. The way he almost won a football game when they actually offered the ball up to their opponent 8 times, lost 5. Five turnovers and still almost won that football game. If that’s the last image that I have of Brett Favre, then that’s a great image to have. Even in a losing effort, the courage that he showed today.”
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

Here we go again. It's like Groundhog Day. Another 8 months of will he or won't he retire. IMO he won't retire...and the only way he'll EVER leave football is with a career ending injury. It's kind of pathetic.

That being said, how about the media focuses on, I don't know, the 2 teams that actually made it to the Superbowl? This is the match up I wanted (since my Broncos didn't even make the playoffs). I'll root for the Colts, but I like the Saints too.

I'm here chrisg!

My two cents... I thought the Jets were going to pull it off but alas... another Manning in the Superbowl. And while I was rooting for Brett to win, I am not sad to see the Saints play in the big game. I'll be rooting for Brees and the boys!

Brett is one tough cookie. He got pounded the entire game and got back up every time. But I am not looking forward to 222 days of "Will He, Won't He"...

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3809156;
    My two cents... I thought the Jets were going to pull it off but alas... another Manning in the Superbowl. And while I was rooting for Brett to win, I am not sad to see the Saints play in the big game. I'll be rooting for Brees and the boys!

Brett is one tough cookie. He got pounded the entire game and got back up every time. But I am not looking forward to 222 days of "Will He, Won't He"...

The sports guy on one of the local news programs this morning, in talking about the NFL, said something like this: In addition to the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl, we also have the beginning of the "Brett Favre Retirement Season"!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3808318;
    Is Percy a Gator, MRD? Like my beloved Emmitt Smith?

And can't someone teach Adrian Peterson to hold on to the ball? Tiki Barber used to fumble a lot and then he worked on it and was able to correct it. I think it was Coach Coughlin that worked with him. Right, Missy?
    Yes, you're right. When Coughlin came in, he changed the way Tiki held the ball (elbow in rather than out), and until it became second nature, whenever he ran, even on the treadmill, he had the ball in his arm practicing the new grip. I vaguely remember reading that at training camp, he had to walk everywhere with the footbal as well, but I'm not positive there. If Adrian Peterson would like to spend a few years reworking his grip with Tom Coughlin, I would not complain.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 01-27-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3809578;
    If Adrian Peterson would like to spend a few years reworking his grip with Tom Coughlin, I would not complain.
    Do I detect some frustration with Coach Coughlin? What's his contract situation? Did they give him a long-term one 2 years ago after the SuperBowl?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3810282;
    Do I detect some frustration with Coach Coughlin? What's his contract situation? Did they give him a long-term one 2 years ago after the SuperBowl?
    Nooo, more like frustration with Brandon Jacobs. Coughlin's around through 2011. But I think many teams would like to have Peterson, sans fumbles.

FORT Fanatic

Kurt Warner officially retired today and unlike a certain #4, I believe him because that's the kind of person he is. Kurt Warner will be missed. He was a great football player and a great person. I'm not sure if he's HOF worthy, but he was fun to watch. I feel bad for the Cardinals. I'm not sure if they have faith in Leinart as their starting QB. I wouldn't be surprised see them make a play for a veteran in the off season...maybe Donovan McNabb????

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3812401;
    Kurt Warner officially retired today and unlike a certain #4, I believe him because that's the kind of person he is. Kurt Warner will be missed. He was a great football player and a great person. I'm not sure if he's HOF worthy, but he was fun to watch. I feel bad for the Cardinals. I'm not sure if they have faith in Leinart as their starting QB. I wouldn't be surprised see them make a play for a veteran in the off season...maybe Donovan McNabb????
    As a resident of Arizona, I can't begin to tell you how much we're all going to miss Kurt. He is a wonderful person.

Rumor has it that Donovan McNabb is hanging out a lot more these days in the home he owns in Phoenix.

Can someone please convince them to take Daunte Culpepper off the Lions hands? Pretty please?

It was great watching Kurt play all these years.

+ Reply to Thread