+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: N F L 2009

Cheered for the Saints yesterday for the same reason Rosie. Now only 4 teams Lions, Browns, Texans and Jaguars) can say they've never been . . .

It would be great if the Saints won it all.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Missy, vacation is NO reason to miss the Superbowl!!! Are you kidding me???

And I will tolerate all you people talking ugly about my 4-time MVP quarterback. I am still doing the MC Hammer dance!! I understand the crabapples. I'm good.

I loved the "pound on Favre" strategy that the Saints employed yesterday. I guess you do what you have to do. Favre has never been a favorite of mine since I found out that he's an NRA mouthpiece. Those people, as a group, scare me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3806717;
    Brett Favre has started 309 consecutive games at quarterback. If that exemplifies one that plays up injuries, than every other quarterback that ever played -- that hasn't even come remotely close to that record -- is a real wuss. :nono
    Dude needs to re-learn how to take a beating. How many times did he limp off the field yesterday only to return in excellent condition? :nono lol!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3807084;
    Dude needs to re-learn how to take a beating. How many times did he limp off the field yesterday only to return in excellent condition? :nono lol!
    He does know how to take a hit. That's the objective in football -- to take the real contact hits and come back to the field and play. And he's done it like no other player in the history of the NFL.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3806829;
    I've been a Viking fan for more than 30 years, and as a result, an equally avid Packer "hater". So, I wasn't on the Brett Favre bandwagon when the season started. But after watching the game last night, watching Brett Favre get hit hard, time after time, and still get up and play productively. Well, lets just say, he really earned my respect. The Vikings last play was bad. He should have run with the ball, gotten them the few yards they needed for Longwell to kick the field goal, instead he threw an interception. I'm not ashamed of my Vikings. They played an awesome game, despite the damn fumbles, and they had an awesome season. I am curious whether Favre will play next year or not.
    I told you he'd grow on you Lil Bit! I'm actually thinking he may come back and play next year after hearing part of his press conference on ESPN last night. And he did address that he should have run for it on that play. The commentators on ESPN also went on and on about his courage being the one thing they'll remember from that game.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3807125;
    I told you he'd grow on you Lil Bit! I'm actually thinking he may come back and play next year after hearing part of his press conference on ESPN last night. And he did address that he should have run for it on that play. The commentators on ESPN also went on and on about his courage being the one thing they'll remember from that game.
    Well, hindsight is always 20/20. The fumbles did more to lose the game for the Vikings than that last mistaken call. I really don't think they would be able to beat the Colts anyway, so I'm almost glad they didn't make it. I'd hate for the Vikings to set a new record you know.... being the first team to lose 5 Super Bowl attempts.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3806906;
    Missy, vacation is NO reason to miss the Superbowl!!! Are you kidding me???

I booked my tickets after the Giants were eliminated. And it came down to about $75, a direct flight one way, and not having to connect in the US, which likely would have been Miami... and I'll be in the Galapagos, so worth it?

As for Favre, I think he'll be back. I don't think he wants to end his career on an INT, much like the Giants game two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3807803;

I booked my tickets after the Giants were eliminated. And it came down to about $75, a direct flight one way, and not having to connect in the US, which likely would have been Miami... and I'll be in the Galapagos, so worth it?

As for Favre, I think he'll be back. I don't think he wants to end his career on an INT, much like the Giants game two years ago.
    Missy, you'll probably get the Superbowl at your hotel. My sister travels globally for work and sees even regular season football games in some pretty unusual places. Do you have wireless and are you bringing your laptop? That way you can let us know as soon as you check in. Seriously, though, we wouldn't want to miss your expert analysis. ETA: And they'll probably stream it from NFL.com too!

And where's Daddyzgirl? She hasn't checked in with us. Paging Daddyzgirl...

I'm really starting to think Brett will be back too. He said it was unlikely today so that's our first sign -- Just 12,000 more iterations and three weeks into training camp to go!
    Last edited by chrisg; 01-26-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3806834;
    I think I pulled a sphincter muscle watching that game last night.

I was pulling for the Vikings because of Percy Harvin. But the vikings looked like they were playing in the shower with a bar of soap.

I am also glad to see the Saints win too. Just because they've never been to the superbowl. I wasn't tied to any one team yesterday except for a little bit more for the Vikings.
    So many mistakes on both sides yesterday.
    Is Percy a Gator, MRD? Like my beloved Emmitt Smith?

And can't someone teach Adrian Peterson to hold on to the ball? Tiki Barber used to fumble a lot and then he worked on it and was able to correct it. I think it was Coach Coughlin that worked with him. Right, Missy?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3807110;
    He does know how to take a hit. That's the objective in football -- to take the real contact hits and come back to the field and play. And he's done it like no other player in the history of the NFL.
    My point was that he was faking it!!! lol!

+ Reply to Thread