+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

What an exciting game the Saints/Vikings game has been so far!!

I love the Colts but hate Manning LOL and have been hoping for a Colts/Saints final since November! Hope it comes true.

Isn't the ProBowl always in Hawai'i? Anyway, I think it's a brilliant move for TV to have that game during a dead week while the interest is still there, rather than have it -- and much lower ratings -- as an afterthought following the "big game."

As with RLM, I despise the Mannings. I was really hoping that the Jets would win. Although, unlike RLM, I'd like to see the Vikings win, to give myboyfriendBrettFavre a chance of another Super Bowl ring and (another f-u to the overrated Manning). However, I'd be just as happy to see the Saints win, as I liked Drew Brees as a Charger, and wish he still were a Charger!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

This game is giving me a heart attack!

It was a nail biter for sure!! Glad the Saints pulled through.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3806674;
    This game is giving me a heart attack!
    Holy crap -- me too!

Okay -- adjusting preferences again (geez, I sure could not pick 'em during playoffs . . .):

Go Saints!
    Like I'd said, I like Drew Brees. A lot!
    And I wish I could be on Bourbon Street right now . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It was really, really hard to watch Brett lose that game. When he went back in, limping, that just so personifies who he is. He just has such tremendous heart. I think that's the last game we'll see him play, don't you Ellen?

And they used to always have the Pro Bowl in HI but this year they're having it in Miami next Sunday.

I kind of was starting to have that feeling about the Jets, too, Missy. And the Cardinals seemed to play a similar role last year as a team that made it to the Superbowl that seemingly shouldn't have. They were competitive well into the 4th quarter. Hope you have a great vacay, Missy!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

The Saints had too many penalties. They nearly lost the game with the penalties. They even put the Vikings at the goal line! They need to get it together for the SuperBowl. I personally think Mr. Favre was playing up the injuries. Just my opinion.

Brett Favre has started 309 consecutive games at quarterback. If that exemplifies one that plays up injuries, than every other quarterback that ever played -- that hasn't even come remotely close to that record -- is a real wuss. :nono
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3806717;
    Brett Favre has started 309 consecutive games at quarterback. If that exemplifies one that plays up injuries, than every other quarterback that ever played -- that hasn't even come remotely close to that record -- is a real wuss. :nono
    I've been a Viking fan for more than 30 years, and as a result, an equally avid Packer "hater". So, I wasn't on the Brett Favre bandwagon when the season started. But after watching the game last night, watching Brett Favre get hit hard, time after time, and still get up and play productively. Well, lets just say, he really earned my respect. The Vikings last play was bad. He should have run with the ball, gotten them the few yards they needed for Longwell to kick the field goal, instead he threw an interception. I'm not ashamed of my Vikings. They played an awesome game, despite the damn fumbles, and they had an awesome season. I am curious whether Favre will play next year or not.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

MRD

I think I pulled a sphincter muscle watching that game last night.

I was pulling for the Vikings because of Percy Harvin. But the vikings looked like they were playing in the shower with a bar of soap.

I am also glad to see the Saints win too. Just because they've never been to the superbowl. I wasn't tied to any one team yesterday except for a little bit more for the Vikings.
    So many mistakes on both sides yesterday.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread