+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

FORT Fogey

Re: N F L 2009

What an upsetting day. My team lost at home! But on the bright side, it looks like I just may be eligible to kick field goals for the Chargers. Apparently you can earn all that money for doing nothing. UGH! He essentially lost the game for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3799447;
    What an upsetting day. My team lost at home! But on the bright side, it looks like I just may be eligible to kick field goals for the Chargers. Apparently you can earn all that money for doing nothing. UGH! He essentially lost the game for his team.
    You and I both! Hubby and I were saying that the Chula Vista Little Leaguers would have had a better chance of winning.

I'll bet that the Colts have already FedEx'ed roses and Dom Pérignon to Nate Kaeding.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3799355;
    How many people lost money on that one?
    I got knocked out of a pool, but it was a capture pool and we drew teams out of a hat. Ironic, though, the two teams who have given me the most grief in suicide pools team up to ding me once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3799534;
    You and I both! Hubby and I were saying that the Chula Vista Little Leaguers would have had a better chance of winning.

I'll bet that the Colts have already FedEx'ed roses and Dom Pérignon to Nate Kaeding.
    Anyone else excited for the inevitable week of "Week 16: The Rematch" and "Should the Colts have finished off the Jets when they had a chance" talk that will dominate all AFC Championship preview segments?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am extremely excited!!! I was preferring that the Colts play the Jets as opposed to playing the Chargers, but yesterday just goes to show you that, on any given day, anyone can lose.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it'll be an interesting game, but I imagine that I'll hear the same preview story so many times between now and then that I'll be able to recite it from memory.

FORT Fanatic

As a Broncos fan, I was happy to see the Chargers lose. Philip Rivers is just so smug and conceited. It was nice to see him (and the team) get knocked down a peg or two.

I love the Colts and want them to win another Superbowl.

Saints/Colts...that would be awesome!!!

Looks like Philips (Cowboys) and Turner (Chargers) will be back next year. Not so sure about the kickers though (for either team)..just terrible.

Last 3 games of the NFL season and after today we'll be down to one more. Any predictions for the Superbowl?

My head says Saints/Colts but I think both the Vikings and the Jets both have a chance to pull off an upset.

What does everyone think about the Pro Bowl being next week and the week before the Superbowl? I guess no one from the Superbowl teams will play but that was usually the case when they had in Feb. in HI anyway.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there's another handful of people that won't play in the probowl. The AFC QB selections are a joke (not the players, but just that they're skimming the bottom of the barrel to get players to go). So many players have backed out that Vince Young got an invite. Give me a break. Now that Peyton is in the Superbowl (yeah baby) none of the original 3 QBs are going to play: Peyton (out due to SB), Rivers (out due to injury - bruised ego), Brady (same as Rivers). Rothliesberger declined so now it's Schaub, Young and whomever they get to replace Manning. Heck, maybe Orton will get an invite. (Go Broncos!!)

I'm glad to hear that it's going back to HI next year. This was a bad idea and yes I'll watch because I'm a football junkie, I'd rather watch it in HI..with the gorgeous scenery.

FORT Fogey

I was rooting for the Jets. I cannot stand the Mannings. But I was surprised the Jets didn't get slaughtered. After all, they only beat the Chargers because the Chargers chose to suck at the worst time ever. And they just barely won that game. I really want The Saints to win tonight. I haven't had one of my teams win the Superbowl since the 1990s, I think.

I don't want to see the Vikings or the Colts win. The Colts must not win the Superbowl.

As a Giants fan, I'm thrilled that the Colts won. The Jets were beginning to remind me of the Giants team that beat the Pats in the Superbowl, getting hot and playing well at the right time.

It's always hard for me to get excited about the Pro Bowl. In theory, I think they have a decent idea, as a kickoff to Superbowl week in the host city, and enough players pass it up anyway that a few more doesn't make that much difference.

Should be a good Superbowl, although I'll be on vacation and unable to watch.

+ Reply to Thread