+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3791421;
    . . . And Favre is the opposite of phonetic, isn't it? . . .
    Actually, the American English corrupted pronunciation is opposite of the French spelling.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yesterday was Chad Ochocinco's 32nd birthday. He bought himself a gigantic black custom-made truck for his birthday, and drove it to the stadium...a real behemoth, with his name on the outside. I've never seen anybody who needed as much attention as Chaddy....and then to have to walk away with an arse-whipping.....

Carson Palmer should be ashamed of himself for the performance he turned in yesterday! I was shocked!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes that was an Ochostinko like performance yesterday. Wow The Patriots are getting their Butts handed to them at home.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I nearly came in here to post that none of this weekend's games were particularly compelling, right before I went to make dinner. Glad I didn't-- what a finish to the Packers-Cards game (though you know if the Packers had won on the first possession, we'd be condemned to a week of discussion about how to fix the overtime rules).

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3791421;
    How 'bout them Cowboys!

Sorry Ashley and Tedmcardle and whomever else was rooting for the Eagles....

Sorry about the Bengals, Shay. (And Favre is the opposite of phonetic, isn't it?)

Next up for the Cowboys are LilBit's Vikings and Ellen's boyfriend -- and my sister's favorite -- Brett.

ETA: Any predictions about tomorrow? I could see the Patriots losing...
    That Eagles game wasn't even close! They had their helmets handed to them 2 weeks in a row! Oh well. I have nobody to cheer for now.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3792172;
    I nearly came in here to post that none of this weekend's games were particularly compelling, right before I went to make dinner. Glad I didn't-- what a finish to the Packers-Cards game (though you know if the Packers had won on the first possession, we'd be condemned to a week of discussion about how to fix the overtime rules).
    Not to mention the obvious face mask call that I could see from my living room.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3791459;
    Actually, the American English corrupted pronunciation is opposite of the French spelling.
    Thanks for that info, Ellen. I'm part French, so I probably should have known that but I didn't.

And thanks for posting that article about Casey Johnson, MsDiva.

I'm sad the football season is going to be over in a few weeks mostly because I'll miss our little group, here. I'd never posted in this thread until after last year's Superbowl but I made a little mental note to come back this past Fall and I'm so glad I did. Thanks, guys, for making talking about football so much fun.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I agree, chrisg: football season is way too short!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

chrisg - you helped make it fun! We're glad you decided to stop by

We can all get together this summer when the Brett Favre "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" saga starts up...

However, I am pulling for the "old guy" to win the Super Bowl. Him or Drew Brees.

I agree too, chrisg!

Let's hope this weekend's games are more competitive than last weekend's games!

+ Reply to Thread