+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: N F L 2009

Steelers beat the 'Fins. They could be (maybe) bound for the play-offs (a big maybe). Actually hoping they don't make it. Give the injured time off to heal.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Packers won. Chargers won. Life is good!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Today, the Eagles played the Cowboys in Dallas and the Packers played the Cardinals in Arizona. Same games, same places next week. Funny how that worked out, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3782553;
    Today, the Eagles played the Cowboys in Dallas and the Packers played the Cardinals in Arizona. Same games, same places next week. Funny how that worked out, isn't it?
    And the Jets/Bengals although that one won't be at the Meadowlands. The Jets are finally getting some post-Favre attention. I'm happy for them -- one of my BF's friends works for the Jets and they are having trouble selling those pricey packages for the new stadium. Hopefully, this will help them.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Went to The Chargers /Redskins game yesterday. No pressure for my bolts yesterday since they had nothing to play for, just resting up for the playoffs. The Redskins fans Booed and held up signs to fire Jim Zorn. I felt sorry for the man.I heard he was fired at 454am this morning when the plane landed. Wow. The Bills fired the whole coaching staff. Black Monday in the NFL is a serious thing.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

And Bill Sheridan is out in New York! Glad they didn't mess around there.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3784068;
    Went to The Chargers /Redskins game yesterday. No pressure for my bolts yesterday since they had nothing to play for, just resting up for the playoffs. The Redskins fans Booed and held up signs to fire Jim Zorn. I felt sorry for the man.I heard he was fired at 454am this morning when the plane landed. Wow. The Bills fired the whole coaching staff. Black Monday in the NFL is a serious thing.
    I heard that he got off the plane went to Redskins Park and had to clear out his office and departed around 4am in the morning. I am not a football fan but that is really a nasty way of firing someone. No class about it. But then the Redskins owner is really not liked in the DC area. I think fans blame him a lot for trying to coach the team and micromanaging through the coach. Any thoughts or comments?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3784110;
    And Bill Sheridan is out in New York! Glad they didn't mess around there.
    I was just coming back to post that, Missy.

Also just heard on the news that Casey Johnson, who is the daughter of the Jets' owner, died. One of my friends went to school with her. The speculation is that her parents cut her off because she had a drug problem. Sounds like it's going to be all over the NY Post and Daily News for the next few days.

Not really sure about Zorn, Bearcata, other than that the Redskins had a really poor season.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I was going to try to explain the Redskins, but this article pulls together several viewpoints on Daniel Snyder. Google brings up a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3784208;
    . . . just heard on the news that Casey Johnson, who is the daughter of the Jets' owner, died. One of my friends went to school with her. The speculation is that her parents cut her off because she had a drug problem. . . .
    Kind of ironic, having had been the Johnson & Johnson heiress.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread