+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3774751;
    Well, this Giants game is a refreshing change of pace. It turns out that the best way to get a good performance from your sieve of a defense is to limit the time spent on the field. Eli, I want to see 50 minutes from you tonight!
    Even the defense looks good tonight. Is that just because it's the Redskins though, Missy? And...just as I said that, the Redskins scored another touchdown. I still have hope that the Cowboys will win the NFC East and the Giants will get a wild card. Booo Eagles!!! (ETA: I'm only saying that b/c as far as I know there are no FoRT Eagles fans...)
    Last edited by chrisg; 12-22-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Ok, clearly I had too many Holiday Sour Apple Martinis on Monday since the Eagles are already at least in the playoffs. All 3 NFC East teams could make it into the playoffs but that would bump Ellen's Packers out. They just did something on the Fox pre-game show called '3 teams, 2 spots' going over the scenarios. Both Jimmy Johnson and Michael Strahan said the Packers would make it and, of course, Jimmy said the Cowboys would make it over the Giants for the 2nd spot and Michael said the Giants would make it over the Cowboys.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3774835;
    Even the defense looks good tonight. Is that just because it's the Redskins though, Missy? And...just as I said that, the Redskins scored another touchdown. I still have hope that the Cowboys will win the NFC East and the Giants will get a wild card. Booo Eagles!!! (ETA: I'm only saying that b/c as far as I know there are no FoRT Eagles fans...)
    Yes.

I still think the Giants will be lucky to make the playoffs. They need to win out. And if they don't, I sincerely hope there are changes to the defensive coaching staff. You can't give up 30-40 ppg and keep your job, especially with some of the players they have assembled.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3774835;
    If the Steelers don't make the playoffs, I'll become an Eagles fan. I have to route for the PA team in the post season.
    Wake up and be awesome

OK, if Bill Sheridan isn't on a seat so hot that flames are shooting up from it.... The silver lining is that two people (of 15) had the Giants in my dad's suicide pool, so they're definitely done. Dad had the Packers, so he's had no worries this afternoon. Needless to say, I'm mostly rooting for big underdogs (lots of diversity in the picks this week).
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 12-27-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Guys, this is really odd. The Colts have taken Peyton Manning out of the game and they are now losing to the Jets. I could understand resting him if they didn't have an undefeated season on the line but, with it, this seems odd even though there's always the chance of an injury. I wonder if he has something minor that hasn't been disclosed. What do you think, Shay?

Missy, you were so right about the Giants. The defense is just miserable and Sheridan really needs to go.

If the Cowboys win tonight and can beat the Eagles next week, though, they'll win the NFC East no matter if the Eagles win today, I think...

Ashley, thanks for letting me know about the playoffs and the Eagles for you. Steelers won today, though, so they're still alive!

Colts are going to lose. This is just inexplicable to me. Peyton looks like he's about to cry.

If that was Brett Favre, he'd just go in there and play.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Steelers win over the Ravens . . . and the Saints lose to the Bucs! Weird day.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3777990;
    Guys, this is really odd. The Colts have taken Peyton Manning out of the game and they are now losing to the Jets. I could understand resting him if they didn't have an undefeated season on the line but, with it, this seems odd even though there's always the chance of an injury. I wonder if he has something minor that hasn't been disclosed. What do you think, Shay?

Missy, you were so right about the Giants. The defense is just miserable and Sheridan really needs to go.

If the Cowboys win tonight and can beat the Eagles next week, though, they'll win the NFC East no matter if the Eagles win today, I think...

Ashley, thanks for letting me know about the playoffs and the Eagles for you. Steelers won today, though, so they're still alive!
    This is correct-- they'll win on head to head record.

As for Manning- maybe they wanted him to get to 50k yards?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3777998;
    Colts are going to lose. This is just inexplicable to me. Peyton looks like he's about to cry.

If that was Brett Favre, he'd just go in there and play.
    Amen to that! But such is the life of Princess Peyton . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread