+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Thanks guys... can't believe the Lions almost pulled off a win today!

WHooooooo! How about those Steelers? What a great ending!

Nice win by the Browns too...

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3773380;
    WHooooooo! How about those Steelers? What a great ending!

Nice win by the Browns too...
    Oh man, that was wild. I was jumping around screaming.

Wake up and be awesome

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Steelers finally snapped that losing streak. They waited until the last possible second - literally - to win the game.

Beautiful watch by Wallace.

Not 100% sure, but I thought I heard the announcer say it was the first time in NFL history that a game ended with a score of 37-36. You would think after all this time, there wouldn't be many "firsts" left, but they keep finding 'em!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I missed all the games today not by choice.

There were some good ones too, Wind Dancer. Hope everything is okay!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3773940;
    There were some good ones too, Wind Dancer. Hope everything is okay!
    Daddyzgirl--thanks so much for the thoughts.

Everything's okay--just got a schedule change that was not expected.

I missed seeing AZ win. Which I had been hoping to see.

Mike Holmgren agrees to deal as Cleveland Browns president - ESPN
    I'm thrilled over this.
    BEREA, Ohio -- Mike Holmgren has decided to see if he can fix the Cleveland Browns.

The Super Bowl-winning coach accepted a job to become the club's president on Monday, joining a franchise needing a major makeover after a decade of losing.

Browns owner Randy Lerner said the sides reached an agreement on Monday. Lerner said current president Mike Keenan will transition to the role of chief financial officer.

"We will spend the rest of the week finalizing the details of the agreement and will make a formal announcement next week," Lerner said in a statement.

Holmgren is coming to Cleveland strictly in an executive role. On his radio show last week, Holmgren indicated his job offer with the Browns could include a return to the sideline. But Holmgren's duties likely will focus on personnel decisions, and there's a chance he may bring in a general manager to help him.

It's still not known what effect Holmgren's hiring will have on first-year Cleveland coach Eric Mangini, who improved to 3-11 on Sunday following a 41-34 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. Mangini may have strengthened his chances of staying for at least another year after leading the Browns to consecutive wins.

Holmgren, though, could choose to replace Mangini with his own coach to try and turn around the Browns, who have lost at least 10 games in six of the past seven seasons and made the AFC playoffs just once since 1999.

On Saturday, the 61-year-old Holmgren turned down a front-office position to return to the Seattle Seahawks, sparking speculation that he was headed to Cleveland.

Holmgren said he was intrigued by the opportunity to join Cleveland because of the absence of "layers" between him and Lerner, who in November announced he was looking to add a "serious, credible leader" to his organization. Holmgren spent two days meeting with Lerner last week and came away impressed by the owner's passion to win and what he learned about the Browns.

Holmgren stepped down as the Seahawks coach after last season to spend more time with his family. However, the chance to rebuild another franchise was too much for him to resist and he's stepping out of semi-retirement to take on the Browns, who have desperately needed someone of his renown for years.

Holmgren is a good man to have on anyone's team. Cleveland is lucky to get him.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well, this Giants game is a refreshing change of pace. It turns out that the best way to get a good performance from your sieve of a defense is to limit the time spent on the field. Eli, I want to see 50 minutes from you tonight!

+ Reply to Thread