+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3769918;
    . . . I have the Saints on my brain lately (no excuses though)... but someone here is a Saints fan. I can't remember who
    Sorry -- can't help you there. I'm a Drew Brees fan (dumbest thing the Chargers did in recent history was let him go . . .), but not a Saints fan.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My Bengals are working through the death of one of their wide receivers, Chris Henry. I must admit that it hurts, but I am not really surprised. This man had so much talent, but spent a lot of time making bad social decisions. He seemed to finally getting his act together this season, and then he broke his arm in a game and was placed on in injured reserve. The act that led to his death was one of stupidity, unfortunately. Why would you jump in the back of your fiancee's moving pick up truck that was trying to leave? I smell not good things coming out about this down the road.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3769940;
    Sorry -- can't help you there. I'm a Drew Brees fan (dumbest thing the Chargers did in recent history was let him go . . .), but not a Saints fan.
    We have alot in common sports wise. I love my Chargers, Packers are my next fave and Love my Brett and Drew Brees. I am wishing for a Chargers -Saints Super Bowl.

It's sad to hear about the death of Chris Henry. I pray for his family.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 12-17-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3771604;
    We have alot in common sports wise. I love my Chargers, Packers are my next fave and Love my Brett and Drew Brees. I am wishing for a Chargers -Saints Super Bowl.
    That would be fun; I'd have to cheer for both teams, though.

If it turns out to be a Colts-Saints Super Bowl, well, no question as to for whom I'll be cheering.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3771527;
    My Bengals are working through the death of one of their wide receivers, Chris Henry. I must admit that it hurts, but I am not really surprised. This man had so much talent, but spent a lot of time making bad social decisions. He seemed to finally getting his act together this season, and then he broke his arm in a game and was placed on in injured reserve. The act that led to his death was one of stupidity, unfortunately. Why would you jump in the back of your fiancee's moving pick up truck that was trying to leave? I smell not good things coming out about this down the road.

Proshay-I saw some inerviews with his teammates last night. They're oretty broekn up about this--especially since they all said he was in the process of turning his life around.

The pick-up truck stunt was just too weird. One suspects alcohol or other mind-altering substances as having been involved in such an action.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I've read, they were arguing, and he said (neighbor was a witness) that if she took off he'd jump off the truck and kill himself. Voila.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

That could be reckless behavior fueled by alcohol or other substances--sorry to say it is not all that unusual in men in that age group with certain personality types.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3768921;
    I love knowing other people's teams and when I watch the scores I always look to see how Ellen's Packers and Chargers are doing , Margaritaville's Broncos, Lil Bit's Vikings, LS&S' Steelers, daddyzgirl's Lions, Shay's Colts and Bengals (sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) along with my fellow Giant supporters Shay and Missy.
    I wouldn't forget about you daddyzgirl!!

So sad about Chris Henry.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3772540;
    I wouldn't forget about you daddyzgirl!!

So sad about Chris Henry.
    I know you wouldn't I just wanted to add that you should always follow up the Detroit Lions with the crying emoticon. Those 2 go hand in hand..

Detroit Lions = or *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3772234;
    That could be reckless behavior fueled by alcohol or other substances--sorry to say it is not all that unusual in men in that age group with certain personality types.
    It could also be a man distraught over a wife he found out was cheating on him. It could be lots of things.

+ Reply to Thread