+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3767113;
    If last Sunday's game is any indication I'd say yes it is.

The last minute of regulation play--a march down the field with five completed passes one after the other--blew me away.
    WD, What's your football team? Do you have a favorite that you follow?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3768225;
    . . . Ellen's Packers. . .

I love this!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3768228;
    WD, What's your football team? Do you have a favorite that you follow?
    Chrisg--hi.

Well....I never followed New Orleans before but they blew me away with their play in the last minute to tie--and then the win in the OT. so I'd consider them one of my teams. I'd say they are my emotional fave right now.

Also--from having grown up in the midwest I have several I keep track of--the Vikings and the Packers and the Bears.

And Seattle has been an emotional fave of mine for a long time.

Hey--with a list like that someone I like is bound to end up in the Superbowl.

Do you have any faves?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3768720;
    Chrisg--hi.

Well....I never followed New Orleans before but they blew me away with their play in the last minute to tie--and then the win in the OT. so I'd consider them one of my teams. I'd say they are my emotional fave right now.

Also--from having grown up in the midwest I have several I keep track of--the Vikings and the Packers and the Bears.

And Seattle has been an emotional fave of mine for a long time.

Hey--with a list like that someone I like is bound to end up in the Superbowl.

Do you have any faves?
    Hi, Wind. I root for the Cowboys because they're my childhood team (even though I grew up in NYC/CT ), the Giants (even though this is like rooting for the Hatfields and the McCoys ) because my boyfriend and Dad are huge Giant fans and most of the time it's easier to just join them unless they are playing the Cowboys. Also the Vikings, too, because my Sister is a Favre fan.

I love knowing other people's teams and when I watch the scores I always look to see how Ellen's Packers and Chargers are doing , Margaritaville's Broncos, Lil Bit's Vikings, LS&S' Steelers, daddyzgirl's Lions, Shay's Colts and Bengals (sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) along with my fellow Giant supporters Shay and Missy.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

chrisg - you should have put "daddyzgirls' Lions "

While I am a Lions diehard, I just love the game! I can watch any team, anytime however I always want to root for the underdog.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the Lions get smoked by Arizona this Sunday. While they looked terrible last night, I know they're coming back with a VENGENCE.

WindDancer - the Saints are my emotional fav this this year too. I may just break down and get a Brees jersey.

A couple of more fanatics

Unk - Browns
    ilovefootball25 - Broncos
    AshleyPSU - Steelers
    prhoshay - Saints (I think?)
    MsDiva2007 - Chargers

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, please...
    Last edited by football_chick; 12-15-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3768225;
    Thanks, daddyzgirl! During the Giants game they said DeMarcus was released from the hospital so that is good news.

Missy, what's your take on the NFC East/Playoffs with the Cowboys losing and the Eagles beating the Giants? Eagles seem likely to win the East now and probably only the Cowboys or Giants will get a Wild Card along with Ellen's Packers. Considering how flaky the Cowboys are and how poorly they have played in December the past few years, it could be the Giants, though. What do you think? They've beaten the Cowboys twice so they would own the tiebreaker, right?
    Ahh, sorry, just catching up now (friend in town all weekend so fortunately I missed what I'm sure was an intensely aggravating game to watch).

Remaining schedules:
    DAL: @NO, @WAS, vs. PHI
    NYG: @WAS, vs CAR, @MIN

Green Bay is likely to take the 5th seed, so there's one wild card slot right now. San Francisco and Atlanta are still alive as well, but they'd have to win out to have a shot (and Atlanta's on the losing end of the head to head tiebreakers with both the Giants and Cowboys). So, in all likelihood, it will come down to the Giants and the Cowboys.

The Giants have a slightly easier schedule the rest of the way, especially if MIN has the two seed locked up by week 17 and they decide to rest guys. I think they have two winnable games, and if they can come through, then Dallas needs to win two as well.

Coughlin may have given Bill Sheridan a vote of confidence today, but I sincerely hope that's more of a motivational tool than an indication of his future plans. I know the defense has had injuries, but Matthias Kiwanuka, Osi Umenyiora and Aaron Ross have hinted to varying degrees that there are issues with communication and players knowing where they need to be, and that, to me, is coaching. Spagnuolo was so very good.

However, there's a lot of football still left. I'll be curious to see whether either the Colts or the Saints try to make a run at 19-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3769501;
    However, there's a lot of football still left. I'll be curious to see whether either the Colts or the Saints try to make a run at 19-0.
    As much as I love my Packers, Chargers, and myboyfriendBrettFavre, I'd love to see an undefeated Saints v Colts Super Bowl -- and then watch Drew Brees royally kick him some uppity Manning butt!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Surely, you gest! :nono
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

And then there are the Seahawks who are a giant pile of POOP!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3769669;
    Surely, you gest! :nono
    Sorry prhoshay - I know better than that. I should have said the BENGALS! (which chrisg already covered)

I have the Saints on my brain lately (no excuses though)... but someone here is a Saints fan. I can't remember who

+ Reply to Thread