+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Chris -- yep, Chris Simms is Phil Simms' son. I still feel badly for Chris - his nerves really showed this weekend. I have watched Paul Brandstater in person (season ticketholder to Fresno State games), and he is not exactly consistent from game to game.

Sorry to hear about Eli and his lingering injury.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sure was a rough Sunday for my teams. It wasn't easy, but my Bengals pulled it out, and I had to turn to prayer to work with my Colts!!! AMEN!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I'm so frustrated. I can't believe that Denver started 6-0 and after Sunday they'll be 6-4 and no longer in first place in their division. Orton missed practice again today. Ugh!!

Stefanie Spielman, the wife of former Ohio State and Detroit Lion great Chris Spielman passed away today from breast cancer. She was diagnosed in 1998 and fought a valiant battle against the killer disease. She became an advocate for cancer research. A fund named for her -- The Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research -- has raised more than $6.5 million for breast cancer research, according to the Spielman Fund Web site. Chris retired from the NFL to be there with her after she was diagnosed. My condolences to the family. Cancer sucks.

Chris Spielman.com: Ohio State & All-Pro Linebacker

Stefanie Spielman loses battle with cancer at 42
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:03 PM

Stefanie Spielman has lost the cancer battle she fought publicly and relentlessly for more than a decade.

The breast-cancer advocate and wife of former football star Chris Spielman died this evening at her Upper Arlington home in the wake of her fifth bout with the disease. The mother of four was 42.

Considering it her life mission to raise money and awareness for the disease, Spielman in 1998 established the Stefanie Spielman Fund for Breast Cancer Research.

"I know there's a reason God gave me breast cancer, and I'm supposed to do something with it," she said that year.

As she shared her story throughout central Ohio, her fund raised more than $6.5 million for breast-cancer research, education and patient assistance at Ohio State University's Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.

Sept. 5, 2009 Chris Spielman shows his College Football Hall of Fame plaque to wife Stefanie as his kids and Archie Griffin look on at halftime of the OSU-Navy game`
    Last edited by Unklescott; 11-19-2009 at 11:53 PM.

So very sad. I remember when he retired - it was so touching, and so very sad as she was so young. My thoughts go out to the family.

This is heartbreaking - she was so young My thoughts are with the family.

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

Still alive in my King of the Hill pool. Had trouble deciding this week on whether or not to take the Bengals over the Raiders, or the Cowboys over Washington. I ended up taking Dallas, but I think I might end up regretting that pick. They looked pretty awful last week vs the Packers. But now that the Raiders are starting a new QB, I felt some uncertainty about that game. And it's a home game for Oakland, too. I think also the Bengals are due for a letdown. We'll see.

Giants scored another touchdown to go up 17-7 just before the half!!

Cowboys are losing to the Redskins. Only 3-0 last I checked, but still!!!

How are everyone else's teams doing today?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3754996;
    Giants scored another touchdown to go up 17-7 just before the half!!

Cowboys are losing to the Redskins. Only 3-0 last I checked, but still!!!

How are everyone else's teams doing today?
    So far, the Packers have opened a can of whup- . . . uhhh . . . posterior on the 49ers! They're winning 23–3 at the half.

Chargers play the Broncos at 1:15 PST, and will likely be alone in first place at game's end.

And myboyfriendBrettFavre is tearin' up the Seahawks (whose coach is Mike Holmgren, who used to be Favre's coach) 21–zilch in the 3rd quarter.
    Last edited by Ellen; 11-22-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Wow, Missy and Shay, the Giants barely pulled that out. Defense continues to not look good. How do you think losing Antonio Pierce further affects them, Missy?

And the Cowboys barely pulled it out against the Redskins.
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-22-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread