+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Ellen, your boyfriend Brett beat your Packers at Lambeau. I'm not sure if you saw them interview him on the field afterward but he was asked what his message was to Packer fans and he said "I hope they love me as much as I love them." Very bittersweet. Lil Bit, did the girls let you watch the game?

Missy, how can the Giant defense be fixed? Luckily I am also a Cowboy fan but I in no way want the Eagles to win the division -- sorry Eagles fans, but it's a Michael Vick aversion, nothing else against your team.

Shay's other Manning brother -- what's his name? Peyton, I think -- keeps the Colts undefeated, though.

Any other observations from yesterday?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3741094;
    Ellen, your boyfriend Brett beat your Packers at Lambeau. I'm not sure if you saw them interview him on the field afterward but he was asked what his message was to Packer fans and he said "I hope they love me as much as I love them." Very bittersweet. Lil Bit, did the girls let you watch the game?

Missy, how can the Giant defense be fixed? Luckily I am also a Cowboy fan but I in no way want the Eagles to win the division -- sorry Eagles fans, but it's a Michael Vick aversion, nothing else against your team.

Shay's other Manning brother -- what's his name? Peyton, I think -- keeps the Colts undefeated, though.

Any other observations from yesterday?
    The defense misses Spagnuolo, I think. Getting Aaron Ross back (after the bye, I thought) should help. By the time I got back from brunch and the marathon yesterday, I checked the score and felt no need to watch.

Chrisg - I was only able to watch most of the first two quarters because I had to work Sunday night. I've heard reports that it was a pretty good game though, depending on who you talk to.

Some of the fans were pretty hard on old Brett, but I think he was expecting it. I saw on the news where they actually held a mock funeral for him. They were selling jerseys with the number 4 on them, and where the name goes it said, "Judas". I saw some shirts that said, "Brett Who?" A sign held up during the game said, "Judas only betrayed one. You betrayed us all."
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3741094;
    Ellen, your boyfriend Brett beat your Packers at Lambeau. I'm not sure if you saw them interview him on the field afterward but he was asked what his message was to Packer fans and he said "I hope they love me as much as I love them." Very bittersweet.
    That's so sweet! I was in Idyllwild over the weekend, but even if I were at home, the Packers v. Vikings game didn't air here in San Diego. Nor did any of the postgame interviews. Thanks so much for posting this! As much as the Packer fans booed, etc., if my diehard Cheesehead cousins (and I) are any sort of sampling of Packer fans overall, if everyone were really truthful, they'd admit to still loving Brent Brett.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think that the Giants are hungry enough right now. They kind of remind me of how the Bengals used to be.

And, as far as Peyton Manning goes, you cannot convince me that he is not running that whole team. He's smart and respected. Most impressive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3741831;
    That's so sweet! I was in Idyllwild over the weekend, but even if I were at home, the Packers v. Vikings game didn't air here in San Diego. Nor did any of the postgame interviews. Thanks so much for posting this! As much as the Packer fans booed, etc., if my diehard Cheesehead cousins (and I) are any sort of sampling of Packer fans overall, if everyone were really truthful, they'd admit to still loving Brent Brett.
    This reminds me of another sign I saw. It said, "We'll never forget you BRENT!" One thing can be said of Packer fans. They are creative.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3742109;
    And, as far as Peyton Manning goes, you cannot convince me that he is not running that whole team. He's smart and respected. Most impressive.
    He totally is. I was just joking because he so obviously does.

Thanks for sharing Ellen and LB. Here's another quote from Favre:

"I have a lot of respect for that organization and those fans. Nothing will ever change how I feel about them.''
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3742154;
    One thing can be said of Packer fans. They are creative.
    Who else would think of headwear made of plastic cheese?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3743023;
    Who else would think of headwear made of plastic cheese?
    I thought the flip flops and waffle fries for Brett were very clever. Still kinda mean, but clever.

The Giants and their penalties are raising my blood pressure. Sloppy, sloppy.

Congrats to the Bucs on their first win.

+ Reply to Thread