+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3735192;
    Guys, what happened with this one? I feel like I've noticed Commissioner Goodell being not so even handed about certain corrective actions so I'm really curious about the incident.
    Maybe he's forgotten that Oakland is a professional football team. They looked more like high school JV the last time I watched them.

(In other news, the Jets are up 38-0 on them, which leads me to surmise that Mark Sanchez has learned that he does, in fact, want to throw it to the guys who are wearing the same uniforms as him. In a related note, I'm thanking every major deity that the Jets are away today, because I can't imagine being subjected to that game and only that game in the late afternoon slot today.)

Once again, I glanced at the bottom line to see that Carolina has 2 points. Second time I've seen that this season.

Boy do I wish that the Giants played the version of Drew Brees that showed up in Miami today.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 10-25-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Steelers beat the Vikings in a game that had a very weird 4th quarter. I'm glad the Steelers won, but it really could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3735959;
    Steelers beat the Vikings in a game that had a very weird 4th quarter. I'm glad the Steelers won, but it really could have gone either way.
    That was a bizarre 4th quarter. In a way, I wanted the Vikings to win because of myboyfriendBrettFavre, but I also didn't want them to win because [a] a Vikings loss is good for the Packers, and [b] in the prediction game I play with some of my old friends from high school, I predicted the Steelers to win. (We don't play for money, just bragging rights. But bragging is very important to us in our old age! )
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3736065;
    That was a bizarre 4th quarter. In a way, I wanted the Vikings to win because of myboyfriendBrettFavre, but I also didn't want them to win because [a] a Vikings loss is good for the Packers, and [b] in the prediction game I play with some of my old friends from high school, I predicted the Steelers to win. (We don't play for money, just bragging rights. But bragging is very important to us in our old age! )
    I didn't get to see the game, two toddlers in the house makes watching television almost impossible, and I was hoping the Vikings could have won. BUT, at least now they have their first loss out of the way. Being unbeaten is pretty stressful. And if they had to lose, at least it was to a team like the Steelers and not one like the Rams. Not that I mean to insult any Rams fans.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must admit (and duck) that I was glad to see "god" lose to the Steelers. Good job, Steelers!

My Giants didn't win......but Arizona's defense was ON FIRE yesterday!!! Poor Eli looked stunned.

Big brother, Peyton is still amazing....not that they were playing anyone dangerous.

Still loving my Bengals!! Saw some beautiful plays yesterday! Cedric Benson is an amazing talent, and he showed his former team just what they lost. Works For Me!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had to laugh at the reports on the local news stations this morning about the Chargers' win over Kansas City -- about how they've bounced back, and are so great, etc. But c'mon, Kansas City with a 1–5 (now 1–6) record? It was like taking candy from a baby, much like last week's Packers vs. Lions (same record) game. Yes, I was glad to see the Chargers win, but it was a "gimme" – not really worth all the fanfare (and overconfidence which is sure to follow, as it always does). I wouldn't be counting the Super Bowl rings yet – not as long as we still have Rivers as q-back and Turner as coach!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Steelers vs Vikings game was the FIRST TIME EVER that THREE TOUCHDOWNS were scored on a return run of MORE THAN 75 YARDS in the FOURTH QUARTER.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3736511;
    I had to laugh at the reports on the local news stations this morning about the Chargers' win over Kansas City -- about how they've bounced back, and are so great, etc. But c'mon, Kansas City with a 15 (now 16) record? It was like taking candy from a baby, much like last week's Packers vs. Lions (same record) game. Yes, I was glad to see the Chargers win, but it was a "gimme" not really worth all the fanfare (and overconfidence which is sure to follow, as it always does). I wouldn't be counting the Super Bowl rings yet not as long as we still have Rivers as q-back and Turner as coach!
    Agree with the majority of this post, however, San Diego is hurting for far more reasons than Turner and Rivers. Rivers actually isn't as much of an issue as the support he ISN'T getting. Not saying that he's "all that" but there is certainly way more than enough blame to go around. Turner, on the other hand, didn't seem to be the wisest choice from the get-go. Still haven't figured that choice out.

This has really seemed like a strange year in many ways to me so far. There are a whole lot of teams with either really, really good records and a whole lot with really poor records and a few with so, so. It's just seemed a bit bizarre to me. Perhaps though it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3737356;
    . . . Turner, on the other hand, didn't seem to be the wisest choice from the get-go. Still haven't figured that choice out. . .
    Turner : Chargers' coach :: Ryan Leaf : Chargers' quarterback
    (almost)

+ Reply to Thread