+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3724576;
    I had to look up who that was! He's the Brown's QB. Poor guy. At least they won though -- they must have a pretty good running back to win w/ those QB stats. I guess it could be worse b/c can you imagine if they lost? Is this a really off week for him or is he struggling?
    Jamal Lewis was back and rushed for over 100 yards. Penalties and a big special teams turnover killed the Bills though. You know, aside from general ineptitude. Terrell Owens' head must be ready to explode. Through five weeks, 8 receptions for 158 yards with 1 TD likely does not a happy TO make.

Eli played just shy of two quarters. David Carr looked like he was having fun out there. Just ok, stats wise, and I fear for the Giants season if this prevents Eli from playing, but he definitely looked like he was having fun. The Raiders, of course, are terrible, but they're certainly not alone in that camp this season.

I was trying to picture what Jerry Jones would do if the Cowboys lost to the Chiefs. Wade Philips' seat must be starting to get a bit warm.

I was happy for the Bengals that they were able to get a win for their defensive coordinator, who was coaching in spite of his wife's recent passing. CBS did a great job of giving us some different games at the end of the Giants game, and the Ravens just shot themselves in the foot on the Bengals' last drive. A couple poorly timed pass interference penalties, etc.

Steelers-Lions was closer than I was expecting. This Lions team isn't as bad as last year's, and I don't think they're the worst team in the league. There's some stiff competition for that title this year.

I just got back from the game and let me tell you - there were so many Steelers fans I felt like I was at a Steelers home game! They were in front of me, beside me, behind me. I thought we were going to get our butts whipped today so I was surprised at how close it was. I think our mascot Rory sealed our fate when he stomped on a terrible towel and ripped it in half near the end of the game. Bad move, Rory!

Sidenote: I hope Calvin Johnson gets better soon...

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

It looked like there were a ton of Steelers fans on TV. I know the Steelers always travel well, but it looked like Lions fans were outnumbered.

I hope you had a good time at the game even though your team didn't win!

I always love it when teams stomp on the Terrible Towel... that's when we win the games.
    Wake up and be awesome

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't believe that I fell asleep and slept through the end of my Bengals' last minute defeat of the Ravens! They were struggling when I drifted off, and over the next time I opened my eyes. I honestly didn't think that they were going to pull this one off. It was predicted to be a close game. Now, I'm sad that I didn't see it and cheer. My neighbors think I'm nuts on football Sundays.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Missy, thanks for that great summary! (And some guys think girls don't really get football!)

Shay, I'm so sorry you missed the great Bengal comeback!

daddyzgirl, great job getting out there and supporting your team. And I love the new avatar!

LittleS&S, how long is Polamalu out for?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3725720;
    LittleS&S, how long is Polamalu out for?

Initial reports were "six to nine weeks" with a sprained medial collateral ligament in his left knee. Knowing his dedication to the game, most people thought six would be more than enough. However, given his running style, the more realistic fans wouldn't be looking for him to come back before the nine weeks were up.

He has been taking part in light practices. Injury happened on September 10th which would put him at 5 weeks.

I'm not an expert, just a fan, but I'm thinking he will still be out for the next two (Cleveland and Minnesota) then take advantage of the bye week and return on November 9th for a Monday night game against Denver (who are so far undefeated).
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hate, hate, hate those games with the throwback uniforms. This is one of the most ridiculous ideas they've had in a long time. The players look stupid, and it's confusing....the refs look super-stupid....

Make It All Stop!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wanted to see the refs in pink for breast cancer month. Alas...

The unis the Broncos wore on Sunday were jaw-droppingly hideous. I didn't mind the Pats ones, but considering the futility of their team in that uniform, I doubt they want to bring them back too often.

To the Point

I figure the Broncos uniforms gave them an advantage on the field. They were really hard to ignore. Anyone on the Patriots team may have had difficulty focusing if they were looking at anyone whose socks(?), or whatever you would call them, had gotten twisted.

Thanks, chrisg! It was nice to have some really good coverage for a change! So often, the Jets and Giants both play Sunday, so we see those games and that's it, and even more rarely does it happen that they show the ends of other games after the 1 pm game ends.

I still really miss NFL Primetime on Sunday nights-- they used to show so many highlights, it was great. NBC's pregame show doesn't measure up, and it's not the same having NFL Primetime on Mondays.

+ Reply to Thread