+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: N F L 2009

No Fast Willie and no Flyin' Hawaiian, but the Steelers still defeated the Chargers . . . . again!

Some whacked out calls in that game, along with some really bad plays on both sides.

Here's hoping Polamalu and Parker heal fast!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3718467;
    I prayed the Bengals to their OT win over the Browns yesterday! There was no excuse for that lousy play!
    Oh, did they lose that game Shay. Sorry!

The Colts won, though. And Peyton moved up on one of the all-time stat lists?

The East Coast Manning report is that Eli injured his heel/foot. Missy, did you watch the Giants game? It was an odd thing where it didn't come from him being tackled -- he was backing up and it's like he stepped on his heel weirdly or something. I think he had an MRI today to see if it was more than a bruise.

Cowboys had a chance to win in the final minutes and blew it.

Is anyone going to watch Brett vs. the Packers tonight?

My sister adores him, so I apologize in advance to anyone who has anything critical to say about him but I have to stand up for him -- it's a sister thing.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3718475;
    No Fast Willie and no Flyin' Hawaiian, but the Steelers still defeated the Chargers . . . . again!

Some whacked out calls in that game, along with some really bad plays on both sides.

Here's hoping Polamalu and Parker heal fast!
    My bf watched that one but I had enough football for the day so I opted out. Polamalu is one of their best defensive players, I know, so that was a costly win, then. Who's Parker, LS&S?

And daddyzgirl, sorry the Lions couldn't keep their momentum going. Better luck next week.

Oops, just checked the sched. and the Lions play the Steelers next. Best of luck to both teams, guys.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3719210;
    My bf watched that one but I had enough football for the day so I opted out. Polamalu is one of their best defensive players, I know, so that was a costly win, then. Who's Parker, LS&S?

And daddyzgirl, sorry the Lions couldn't keep their momentum going. Better luck next week.

Oops, just checked the sched. and the Lions play the Steelers next. Best of luck to both teams, guys.

Willie Parker #39

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3719207;
    Oh, did they lose that game Shay. Sorry!

The Colts won, though. And Peyton moved up on one of the all-time stat lists?

The East Coast Manning report is that Eli injured his heel/foot. Missy, did you watch the Giants game? It was an odd thing where it didn't come from him being tackled -- he was backing up and it's like he stepped on his heel weirdly or something. I think he had an MRI today to see if it was more than a bruise.

Cowboys had a chance to win in the final minutes and blew it.

Is anyone going to watch Brett vs. the Packers tonight?

My sister adores him, so I apologize in advance to anyone who has anything critical to say about him but I have to stand up for him -- it's a sister thing.
    I watched part of last weekend's game, but was visiting family so ended up going shopping and missed that play.

Eli has plantar fascia, and I'd really rather see the Giants play David Carr this week. The Giants could trot out a tackling dummy at QB and beat the Raiders, who have to fly east for the game, and if it gives Eli some time to rest.... The Giants have the last of the bye weeks this year, so it isn't for several more weeks and this game should not be close.

Well, Eli is playing, so let me amend my earlier statement. I really hope Eli only plays the first half. I do think that he probably will not play the whole game, along with most of the first string offense.

Ahmad Bradshaw's numbers: 1 reception for 55 yds, 5 rushes for 61 yards with 2 TD. Not a bad first quarter.

I also definitely spent about 10 minutes watching an infomercial for I think mattresses on FOX, until I remembered that the game was on CBS because the Raiders were visiting.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 10-11-2009 at 01:51 PM.

This has to be a record of some sort: 2/17 for 23 yards, 1 INT in a win. (That would be Derek Anderson)

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3724378;
    I also definitely spent about 10 minutes watching an infomercial for I think mattresses on FOX, until I remembered that the game was on CBS because the Raiders were visiting.
    Oh, no! I hate when that happens Missy. I've done that too -- you just expect the Giants to be on Fox!

I guess it worked out well that Eli just played the first half (or was it a little shorter than that?). Even w/out Eli the Giants beat up the Raiders so badly that I started to feel sorry for them.

Shay's Bengals won in the final seconds! Congrats Shay!!!

Cowboys won in OT against the Chiefs. It was a dramatic win but I can't imagine -- if they had lost to the 0-4 Chiefs -- what the press would have been like if they'd lost especially b/c they're going into a bye week.

LittleS&S' Steelers beat daddyzgirl's Lions. Congrats and condolences, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3724504;
    This has to be a record of some sort: 2/17 for 23 yards, 1 INT in a win. (That would be Derek Anderson)
    I had to look up who that was! He's the Brown's QB. Poor guy. At least they won though -- they must have a pretty good running back to win w/ those QB stats. I guess it could be worse b/c can you imagine if they lost? Is this a really off week for him or is he struggling?

ETA: Oh and I forgot to give belated b-day wishes to Mr. 4-ever Brett Favre. I know he has his critics and that some of those criticisms are justified but he just turned 40 and is still out there winning games. My only wish is that he would retire at the end of this season, come out of retirement again and be the starting QB for the Cowboys next season. He's Tony Romo's hero so maybe it wouldn't hurt Tony to study for a year under Brett.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-11-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3724565;
    . . . .LittleS&S' Steelers beat daddyzgirl's Lions. Congrats and condolences, guys.

Thanks. It was a close one. Closer than it should have been considering the Steelers went to the SuperBowl last year and the Lions didn't win any games.

Polamalu looks good in the gold hoodie, but I really wanna see him back in uniform.

+ Reply to Thread