+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Re: N F L 2009

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3715104;
    Oops! You're right! Sometimes, I mix up one huge guy for another! Thanks, chris!
    No worries, Shay. I only know Strahan so well b/c he played for the Giants.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And who could forget those teeth??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3715210;
    And who could forget those teeth??
    He and David Letterman both have those teeth. And Madonna!

I saw you were rooting for the Giants against the Cowboys, Shay, and I have to admit that I'm kind of a fair weather fan of both teams. My Dad is a huge Giants fan and growing up I wanted to be different so I rooted for the Cowboys. But now my boyfriend is a huge Giants fan, too, so I almost have an 'I can't beat them, so I might as well join them' attitude helped along by the fact that the Giants seem to be the better team these days.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3714782;
    Isn't it Michael Strahan that has a sitcom? And I think Jerome Bettis is on the NFL Network now. I have no idea if he was fired from NBC and that sounds a little dramatic -- especially w/out any further info. -- although they possibly chose to not renew his contract. Do you get the NFL Network LS&S?

ETA: That's cool that you were at the Lions game when they won, daddyzgirl. Hopefully they'll get more people coming out for the games now.
    That's how Wikipedia put it. They chose not to renew his contract.

I don't usually watch Football Night in America-- I'll watch the game but I haven't gotten over the forced moving of NFL Primetime, and the pregame show also just does nothing for me-- so my first thought was that they were paring down the cast to a more reasonable size, but further reading indicates that they just switched personalities.

I got into the Cowboys when TO was playing, but I'm just "meh" on Tony Romo...but I still try to cut them a little slack. (Keep the Cowboys tucked into your pocket, chris . It is hard to break up with a team that you've had a crush on for a long time! You never quite get over them! It's like me and my Bengals! They sucked so badly for so long, but I hung in there, and I am finally being rewarded! :rah)

The Giants are sporting one of my Manning guys, so I always want the best for them, until they play the Colts!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks Missy for that info. about Jerome Bettis. I thought that just not renewing his contract was the most likely explanation.

Shay, thanks for not being hard on me about the Cowboys and the Giants. I'm usually embarrassed to admit that b/c it's like saying I'm a fan of the Hatfields and the McCoys.

So what are everyone's teams? I haven't posted in this thread before this season.

Shay, you're the Colts, the Bengals and Giants?

Missy, are you a Giants and/or Jets fan being a fellow New Yorker?

The rookie Jets QB -- Mark Sanchez -- is doing an amazing job so far!
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-01-2009 at 06:31 PM.

I am a Giants fan, plus whomever I've picked for the given week in my suicide pool.

I bleed Honolulu Blue & Silver! Go Lions...

I liked seeing all the pink out there in support of breast cancer awareness month!

I also wanted the refs to throw pink flags, but yeah, armbands and gloves was pretty cool.

I prayed the Bengals to their OT win over the Browns yesterday! There was no excuse for that lousy play!

+ Reply to Thread