+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: N F L 2009

I'd hate to be a Washington Redskin today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;3712812;
    And the game was blacked out here in the area. I don't know, the black out rule in my opinion, should be altered during tough economic times. Honestly, how many people have an extra $50 for a football ticket?
    Oh well - the Lions won.
    I cannot believe it really.
    The LIONS WON!!!
    True-- and one would think it would be harder to grow a fan base without the team having that exposure. I mean, I became such a big Giants fan because I watched them on TV all the time when I was a kid. Meanwhile, since I never got to watch the Red Sox (family favorite team), I was a bigger Braves fan when I was a kid, thanks to TBS. So they're kind of shooting themselves in the foot that way (the NFL).

Would not want to be a Redskin today (well, I'm a Giants fan, so I wouldn't want to be a Redskin EVER), but especially Jim Zorn. I've seen more than one person try to argue that he should/could get the axe today...

I was able to be there for the Lions win - what an amazing atmosphere! Even though it was the smallest crowd to watch the Lions in 20 years at times it sounded like there were 100,000 fans there. I am so, so happy!!!

Great finish by the Bengals too!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3712343;
    Anybody know why the contract for JEROME BETTIS was no renewed for Football Night In America?

I miss The Bus.
    All I know is that he was fired and he now writes a weekly column for Sports Illustrated.com. I was surprised...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Fired? Would have thought he was too popular for that. He was in this house!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

That's what I read on the internet... and we all know that everything we read on the internet is the truth

Whatever happened they managed to keep it pretty quiet.

Well, he is on that new sitcom. Are they on different sides of the country?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3714306;
    Well, he is on that new sitcom. Are they on different sides of the country?

Do tell. I have no idea which show that would be. I know he made an appearance on "Chuck", but I thought that was a one time deal.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Isn't it Michael Strahan that has a sitcom? And I think Jerome Bettis is on the NFL Network now. I have no idea if he was fired from NBC and that sounds a little dramatic -- especially w/out any further info. -- although they possibly chose to not renew his contract. Do you get the NFL Network LS&S?

ETA: That's cool that you were at the Lions game when they won, daddyzgirl. Hopefully they'll get more people coming out for the games now.
    Last edited by chrisg; 09-30-2009 at 12:37 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Oops! You're right! Sometimes, I mix up one huge guy for another! Thanks, chris!

+ Reply to Thread