+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2009

Major League Baseball 2009

The 2009 season is upon us with the first spring training games being played Wednesday. Here is a complete guide to spring training with a schedule and information on all the teams facilities.
    Spring Training Online 2009: Your Complete Guide to Baseball's Spring | Spring Training Online
    Play ball!

Re: Major League Baseball 2009

UGH, C.C did a piss poor job today. I hope his next out goes much better, especially after signing that huge contract. I'll yell at him (tv) just like I do ARod, "Earn your f***ing paycheck!" Making all that money, you better win 20 plus games this year.

Horrible story:

Los Angeles Angels' Nick Adenhart killed in car crash in Fullerton - ESPN

Nick Adenhart, a rookie pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels, died after being involved in a car crash early Thursday morning, just hours after pitching in a game in Anaheim.

Adenhart

University of California, Irvine Medical Center spokesman John Murray said Adenhart died after undergoing surgery.

Adenhart, 22, was one of three people involved in the crash early Thursday after pitching in a loss against the Oakland Athletics. He got a no-decision after six scoreless innings, giving up seven hits, striking out five and walking three in just his fourth major league start.

The driver of a minivan ran a red light in Fullerton and hit two cars. According to multiple reports out of the Los Angeles area, three people were killed in the crash, and one was seriously injured.

The Los Angeles Times reported that the minivan's driver ran from the scene, but was arrested about a mile away.

Adenhart, a 6-foot-3, 185-pounder from Silver Spring, Md., made his major league debut on May 1, 2008. He has spent most of his time since with Triple-A Salt Lake, but got his break this year with a good spring training and the fact the team needed help in the starting rotation, with John Lackey, Ervin Santana and Kelvim Escobar all starting on the disabled list.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3408779;
    Slideshow - News - The scene if three cars involved in a collision after three people were killed today and a third person was critically injured

My heart goes out to his family and to the team. Such a sad sad day for our Anaheim Angels.
    On another sad note, a fan died yesterday after he was pushed and hit his head on a concrete step as he was leaving Angels Stadium on opening day.

Wow, that's awful news. His family and team family will be in my thoughts.

He pitched for our AAA team, we have the farm team for the Angels. They postponed the home opener because of the accident. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3408792;
    Slideshow - News - The scene if three cars involved in a collision after three people were killed today and a third person was critically injured

My heart goes out to his family and to the team. Such a sad sad day for our Anaheim Angels.
    On another sad note, a fan died yesterday after he was pushed and hit his head on a concrete step as he was leaving Angels Stadium on opening day.
    Obviously, Nick Adenhart's death is just awful, and my condolences to his family, teammates, and friends. Same goes for the family of the fan. But what is so wrong with people in this country that people can't leave a sporting event (or go shopping on Black Friday) without being knocked over and killed?

Sorry, just had to get that out.

For those of you that weren't around during the Mark Fidrych era, let me tell you, he was indeed something special. He brought a level of joy & love to the game that had never & honestly may never, be seen again.

They just showed a game on the MLB channel, between the Tigers & Yankees when Mark was pitching & he beat the Yanks for his 8th win in a row. There were 50,000 fans in Detroit on a Monday night just to watch him pitch & when the game was over they wouldn't leave the stadium until he came back for an encore. And, his salary...$16,500 per year.

The Bird was truly a one of a kind type of guy. Injuries ended his career, & now his life, much to soon.

Rest in Peace Bird!!!

The Cleveland Indians won the first game in the new Yankee Stadium with a 10-2 whipping of the hated Yankees! Go Tribe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3416390;
    The Cleveland Indians won the first game in the new Yankee Stadium with a 10-2 whipping of the hated Yankees! Go Tribe!!!!
    We were watching the game on tv at work.... first this, first that on YES network got so redundant we were firsting everything for the whole afternoon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast