+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Major League Baseball 2009

Re: Major League Baseball 2009

so manny and David Ortiz on the 2003 tested positive for steroids list. Wow
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

All this steroids stuff makes me SO glad that we have Griffey back. Sure, he may not be the powerhouse he was, but he's got numbers, he's a genuinely great guy, and oh yeah, no steroids.

I'm just a little bit irked that we traded away Washburn. Sure, he was a hot commodity, but at the same time he had good games as of late (including a one-hitter) and we need to keep some good pitching. Then again, our offence lately has been abysmal, dropping us to 8 games out of 1st in the AL West, and so we need bats. We've got some pretty good pitching down in Tacoma and we traded for some good pitchers to stock the farm system. On the upside, we got a shortstop to replace Ronny Cedeno, and some other bats.

Oh on the note of announcers, we love our Mike Blowers (I remember going to M's games back when I was a kid and he was on the team and there were all the "Blower Power" signs) and especially the rally fries. It's a M's tradition where at each game, Mike chooses one person (or group of people) out of the stadium (people dress in costume, bring signs and props, you name it), and they each get an order of "Rally Fries", which I've heard are Grounder's Garlic Fries, although I heard Ivar's elsewhere. At away games, it's an order of fries from whatever is available at the ballpark.
    Last edited by Trista; 07-31-2009 at 11:53 PM.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3625354;
    so manny and David Ortiz on the 2003 tested positive for steroids list. Wow
    No, David Ortiz did not test positive for steroids. It was a supplement of some kind, but not steroids, and not something he realized was an issue at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3653131;
    No, David Ortiz did not test positive for steroids. It was a supplement of some kind, but not steroids, and not something he realized was an issue at the time.
    So says Ortiz. I won't believe it until I see the proof he isn't lying. I don't believe anything most of these players say. If he is truthful he would name waht he believes caused the false positive. Ballplayers are notorious for watching what they ingest.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3653203;
    Ballplayers are notorious for watching what they ingest.
    I think most people, including ballplayers, don't really have a clue what they ingest.

There are a lot of other people I would suspect of lying, and former Redsox players Clemens and Ramirez are right up there. Ortiz isn't one of them.

Trista - nice to find another Mariners fan here. I was saddened by the Washburn trade also, especially so now that Bedard is out again. I hate what Philly has done to Jamie Moyer, although I guess it is no more than Seattle did, and I love it that Raul (with seven U's) is doing so well.

Love Mike Blowers, but they ought to get rid of Sims I love that Shannon Drayer is back with ESPN - at least she know what she is talking about. Can't stand Matt Pittman

The team just wont quit this year, and I haven't seen the kind of cohesiveness ever (since Bob Melvin was coach). I wonder how many different players we have had on the 25 man roster this year, and we are still above 500.

Go Mariners!!!!
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

The Indians fired Eric Wedge. They need to hang the idiot who traded away Martinez and Cliff Lee.

Indians fire Eric Wedge; he'll manage last 6 games - mlb - SI.com

Yankees won a dramatic one tonight. Not a huge baseball fan but my bf didn't want to go out tonight so he could watch and I thought I'd report that they won in extra innings.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

LG.

those in Minnesota have a different idea about whether the Yankees actually "won" or whether the game was decided by the ump who called Maurer's ground a double a fly ball, costing the Twins their winning run in extra innings. Yeah, we know, that If Nathan hadn't blown their lead in the bottom of 9th, if the Twins could have rallied anyway despite having to play against the umps and the highest payroll in baseball, etc. Yup, they could have won anyway, but it's pretty demoralizing to have a game taken away like that. just my humble opinion, of course. I think the Yankees are a better team and will undoubtedly win the ALDS, but I just wish they would at least pretend to give the Twins a fighting chance.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast