+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Phelps' Pot "Scandal"

Re: Michael Phelps' Pot "Scandal"

Clearly he wasn't using while competing in the actual olympics or prior to that. He was tested constantly. He slipped up. I forgive him and I know that pot didn't enhance any of his natural abilities to compete.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

In today's digital age where every cell phone is a camera and you are a pretty famous person, do you not think that someone might take a photo of you when you are doing something you are not supposed to do?

Oh, wait, he was smoking pot, that makes you do stupid stuff.

And it happened at the college I'm going too. Yah! Makes us all VERY proud.

Personally, it's his business, but if you ARE going to do that, then don't do it whene people can take a picture of you. Once the photo is published, then take the consequences. But honestly, he's over 21, and it's his life to do with as he wants.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3306275;
    And it happened at the college I'm going too. Yah! Makes us all VERY proud.
    You didn't take that photo, did you?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3306312;
    You didn't take that photo, did you?
    Nah, I'm not on the same campus. I go to a branch campus. And I wasn't in school in Nov. when it happened. Nor would it have been likely to be invited to a party where I am old enough to be their mother!!!

Wonder how much money you can get for photos like that? (just kidding, I wouldn't do that. I might SAY something to him about what he was doing, but I wouldn't rat him out in public)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3305610;
    There is a problem smoking pot....it is ILLEGAL! If a person wants to put him/herself out to others as role models, then the person needs to act like one and follow all the laws, not just the ones he/she wants to. I have heard over many (30) years how people are going to change the law, but it has never happened. So until it does, there is no excuse for breaking the law.
    I have to agree with you. I think people forget that it is illegal because so many people do it but no matter what illegal means illegal. I'm sure this isn't the first time Michael Phelps has smoked pot but I hope that it was his last.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3306076;
    As a person who would support the legalization of marijuana, I personally don't think it is terrible for the average person to use it occasionally. However, in this case we are talking about Michael Phelps. He is quite aware that he is a role model for many and if he wants to be a good role model for young people then he needs to hold himself to a higher standard. He seemed like a pretty smart guy in the interviews I have seen. My first thought when I heard this was why the heck was he doing this anywhere that someone could get a photo of him!? It seems completely idiotic that he would risk his swimming career over something like this.

I would agree that driving while under the influence (of any substance) is a much worse offense. That is risking the lives of yourself and everyone around you.
    I think you've expressed my sentiments from the first word of your post to the last word of your post. Thank you for saving me the brain work!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When does smoking marijuana become a problem for society to smoke? Would you want your surgeon smoking before surgery, a police officer, firefighter. You have to agree that smoking marijuana dulls the senses..mellow out (I remember that phrase). Phelps set himself out to be such a great role model and messed up, he has to take the consequences.
    There's no place like home!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There are other legal drugs that are much more dangerous than marijuana. Marijuana is a political issue, and I don't see "them" ever getting on top of it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3306768;
    There are other legal drugs that are much more dangerous than marijuana. Marijuana is a political issue, and I don't see "them" ever getting on top of it.
    Having both smoked pot (many, many years ago - didn't care for it) and taken OxyContin to combat the pain from shingles, I would have to give the nod to the perfectly legal OxyContin as the more debilitating of the two.

Anyway, I couldn't give a rat's behind about Michael Phelps' smoking pot, and I think the real tool in this incident is the person who took the photo and then posted it. Linda Tripp redux.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast