Stanley Cup Playoffs - Conference Semi Finals

Eastern Conference
    Ottawa vs Philadelphia - Ottawa has home ice
    New Jersey vs Tampa Bay - New Jersey has home ice

Western Conference
    Dallas vs Anaheim - Dallas has home ice
    Vancouver vs Minnesota - Vancouver has home ice

Thoughts later, when I am more composed

LG is right, I was tarded then. Hard to type through tears. Boo hoo stupid pathetic Duck.
    Last edited by duckgirl; 04-23-2003 at 05:26 PM.

LG.
    actually Ducky, I think Vancouver has home ice

OMG, I never thought that I'd ever know anything about hockey that ducky didn't know

*flees the thread*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    As conference winners the Avs were a higher seed .Defeating them I believe gets theWild Home Ice.
    Don't count on me though, I'm still in shock.

LG.
    on the local news this morning they showed the Wild players getting off the plane at 3:30 am, and they said they had to head to Vancouver for Game 1 on Friday, but if they had it wrong on the news that would be cool too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I always thought the higher seeded team got home ice.. meaning Vancouver as Vancouver was #3 and Detroit and Colorado are gone. That's how they pair off.. Highest plays lowest... next series the highest seeded of the remaining plays lowest of the remaining.

I think you're correct LG. Either that or we're both wrong.

If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I just recently learned that they re-seed the NHL playoffs. I didnt know that before. Seeing how I am more of a college hoops guy, i figured they set up brackets and stuck with them. Like the NBA(not that I watch NBA, its just not as exciting as College hoops or NHL).

Its good, though. The better teams deserve an easier path to the Cup.

The Av's played a better game last night. It seemed like they were almost always attacking, except for when they were killing penalties. I think that overtime goal for the Wild was the only time in OT that the Wild were actually attacking in the zone. And he just made a nice move, got Patty to commit, and stuck it around him.

It sucks at work today....my boss was at the game last night....he's pissed today!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

DB - The Avs did better than the Wings!! Sure they lost to the freekin Wild on the Wild's one freekin shot. But it was in game seven OT.

Oh, there's another second round matchup.

The Wings and Avs will play their second round on the golf course. Against each other? Sure why not...

DG-

Are you commenting on my new "title" or whatever you call that? I put that up there to make sure any Redwings fans that wanted to harass Av's fans for losing know that I still know that the Redwings suck.

I know the Av's did better....Game 7 against a higher seeded team than Anaheim....Wild were seeded #6, right?
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

*Sigh...* All these Colorado fans. I didn't get to watch the whole series but even in overtime Colorado was playing like they had a divine right to move on to the next round. On the tying goal and the winning goal Colorado would not HIT any Minnesota players. They kept playing the puck and got burned as a result.
    Seeing how the top three teams in the west finished, maybe the best thing for Dallas was that they missed the playoffs last season. Detroit and Colorado played very arrogantly and I could not be happier that Sir Patrick gets to practice his golf swing.
    (Sorry duck)
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

Playoff Predictions - Second Round

Eastern Conference
    Ottawa vs Philadelphia - Ottawa in 7
    New Jersey vs Tampa Bay - New Jersey in 5

Western Conference
    Dallas vs Anaheim - Dallas in 6
    Vancouver vs Minnesota - Vancouver in 5

Tampa, Anaheim & Minnesota have each won their respective Stanley Cups just by getting this far.
    Philadelphia is too banged up from the Toronto series, but will give Ottawa trouble.

My picks - Bet at your own risk.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast