+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Conference Semi Finals

I missed the game, but caught the highlights in the morning.. I cheated, but I was still tired from all the OT games in the first round.

Next round, I'll stay up.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

That's ok. I heard people saying that it was no big deal for Dallas that they lost. Um... quintuple overtime you retard, of course it's a big deal.

The Ducks are probably going to win the series now.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay, what about this - aren't I older than the people out East? I'll be 40 in 5 months for goodness sakes. But I'm there. And I'm supporting any team that Dallas faces.

Oh Wayner quit yer bitchin. We went to bed sooner than they did.

Except not Miss F. She's a cheaterer.

Also, they keep saying Krog wrong. They say it "Kroge" like there's an E on the end and the O is long. It's not. It's Krog. Rhymes with dog. Lanny Krog fixes cars and lives on 4th avenue in Fernie (or at least he used to). Lanny Kroge is a Jewish New Yorker.

*end Ducky's peeve*

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Okay fine. I admit it. I stayed up and watched the Lakers lose in overtime after the Stars lost in overtime.

But I'm sure that the folks in the East still went to bed later than me.

Ducky, someday you'll be my age and you'll understand. Of course, by then, I'll be dead!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    : clears throat

Check the post times babies I was up till 245 Eny time and still got up at 7 . I'm older than Wayner , but way more fun
    -Neener Neener-

You have to be bandwagony after your team goes. It was funny, the day of the last Toronto game some fool made a killing selling those silly team flags for your car. The Leafs/ Sens were about even and it was too hilarious seeing all these flagged cars like a war was going on ( hundreds ). Then when the Leafs tanked , the Leaf flags disappeared overnight and the Sens flags suddenly became more plentiful. Losers...

Oh, a bit of an aside here. I just have to share this WTF moment.

Dylan has sort of been trying to get into hockey. He's decided he may as well watch as it's always on TV here.

Anyway, the night of the game sevens, I was flipping to the Vancouver game in breaks of the Avs game. I flipped back to the Avs game and he was like, "That Trevor Linden guy needs to score another goal for the Avalanche." I was like, um, no honey, Trevor Linden is playing in the other game.

Then last night, I explained the difference to him between Mats Sundin and the Sedin twins. "No, a Sundin plays for the Leafs. A Sedin plays for Vancouver." "The Sundin twins play for the Leafs?" "No... Mats Sundin plays for the Leafs." "Then who are the Sundin twins?" "There are no Sundin twins. The Sedin twins play for Vancouver."

(Yes, my husband WAS born in BC, and he did grow up with Jason Krog which rhymes with Dog, and he doesnt even know who Mats Sundin is.)

And then later on, we were talking about how old some of the players are for Dallas, like Derian Hatcher and Donny Osmond, I mean Mike Modano. And then he started talking about how old Paul Kariya is. I was like, "Paul Kariya is only like, 28." And he goes, "Well then he would have been ten when he played with Gretzky twenty years ago in Edmonton." I was like... "You mean Jarri Kurri." And he goes, "No, Kariya." "No... Paul Kariya never played for Edmonton. Jarri Kurri did, but he did play for the Ducks!" And then he was like, "Well I probably mean Kurri. Don't come to me for advice on hockey history."

My reply: No problem.

And then later he was giving me a hard time because I was off by two minutes in what I thought was the longest overtime, I said it was 118 minutes and it was 116. I was like... whatevah.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Hey at least he's trying and the Sedins and Sundin are at least all Swedish , so he's in the right country.
    Don't try and explain the Sutters to him even though they are from Alberta.

Forsberg and Renberg are heading back to Sweden as we speak , and with 2004 looming, its looking like they may not return. They and a fair number of other Euro players are thinking of getting in a good position to play European league a year early, so there isn't a last minute rush. 30 teams may have big holes a year early .

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Oh and Wayner , Nolan was playing with
    a painful hip-flexor injury ,a torn groin and was also getting a surgical opinion for an undisclosed shoulder ailment.

Poor baseball guys don't play with a blister ......

A torn groin - ouch.

Yeah, he's trying and not even Harry Neale and Bob Cole can figure out that the Sedins are not Sundins...

I hope Forsberg comes back, because if Patty calls it quits and Forsberg is gone, it's up to Fondue Boy and Joe Suckic to carry the Avs.

Help me.

+ Reply to Thread