+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Conference Semi Finals

Of course they will!

*swigs from her bottle of delusion juice, more commonly known as Smirnoff*

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The played Claude last night, the annoucers saying he had been in Tibbets dog house. What did he do Eva? One of them also said they were wondering why he hadn't been used given his playoff talent.

: Eny has no delusion juice left , it was used in the first round... But seriously all I want is for Madonna to shut up. The refs like them best ...We weren't given a chance in the first game

The Jeremy Roenick shut up thing worked. Maybe he reads this board, as every time he talks to the press now , he's been good.
    That or Tuckers final hit on him gave him some memory loss.
    ( I'm Jeremy and I'm a really nice guy )

Wow. The Ducks finally lost.

It's early, but I predict Stanley Cup champs.

I'm rooting for Vancouver to win though.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Hey eny! Yes Claude finally played. He didn't get any points and I'm not sure how often he was on.(I'm in bed by 10 p.m., got to be alert the next morning to chase my 16 month old around!) I have noticed the last 2 games he played, they won! I really wish he'd play every game, it's frustrating! Oh well...
    Like Miss F , I think the Ducks have a great chance at the cup this year!

A little Jeremy note:my friend works at the hotel in Ottawa where the teams stay and Jeremy had the presidential suite when they were in Ottawa. Excusez moi!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Excuse me, did someone say they simply used to "not like" the Stars?!!! Ducky, I'm glad to see you've found the error of your ways. Now, if we can only get Claude to leave the squad, Eva will also come back from the Dark Side.

I've hated the Stars ever since they knocked the Sharks out of the playoffs a few years back ON AN ILLEGAL GOAL!!!! Remember back when they had the rule that if an offensive player was in the crease before the puck went in the net, it was no goal? Well, the "winning" goal that Dallas scored, the replay CLEARLY showed a Dallas player's skate completely in the crease. I think it was Hull. Hate. Them. They're only a tiny notch below the Wings in my book.

I think they gave the Ducks everything they had last night, and Sykora still had a shot to get them to OT in the last minute of the game.

Did Mike Demonna actually complain about the officiating? Can someone get Brian Marchment to pay him a visit in the locker room? "Hey Mikey, how's the knee?"

LG.
    Originally posted by Wayner
    Excuse me, did someone say they simply used to "not like" the Stars?!!! Ducky, I'm glad to see you've found the error of your ways. Now, if we can only get Claude to leave the squad, Eva will also come back from the Dark Side.

It's a pretty safe bet that there aren't too many Stars fans left in the "state of hockey" as the Wild have been referring to Minnesota as for the past 3 years in all of their jingles.

I've hated the Stars ever since they knocked the Sharks out of the playoffs a few years back ON AN ILLEGAL GOAL!!!! Remember back when they had the rule that if an offensive player was in the crease before the puck went in the net, it was no goal? Well, the "winning" goal that Dallas scored, the replay CLEARLY showed a Dallas player's skate completely in the crease. I think it was Hull. Hate. Them. They're only a tiny notch below the Wings in my book.

You mean you they changed that rule and you can score with an offensive player in the crease now? Dammit, that was one of the rules I thought I knew. Where oh where can I find a copy of the damn rules to this game?

Someone here has to know. I'm afraid to search the web myself, as I'll end up at some puck bunny site, at work, eeek.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    "the presidential suite"

The Hull skate in the crease thing was the goal that won the cup for the Stars from the Sabres. I was so surprised when Hull and Hasek ended up on the same team that they didn't kill each other some time in the season over that one.
    If Wayner says they cheated when they played the sharks then they did. So who's gotten the favourable calls from the refs???
    Hitchcock is the one who has been dipping into the delusion juice...

Just for LG

The Rulebook

LG.
    Thanks Eny. That is the rules, for sure. I just didn't know it would be so detailed. Or explain the the "Rink" is an ice surface. I'm off to do my reading assignment. Thanks for the link.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Wayner>if Claude leaves the squad, chances are it's to retire and that won't be any better for me : (
    C'mon, talk to your team and see if they'll want him!! Being a Coyotes fan wasn't any fun,they never won!

LG.
    OMG there are a lot of rules. I only made it part way through, but this one blew me away:
    When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player's Team has secured possession of the puck; if the player's Team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his Team is in a scoring position.
    Reminds me of Monty Python's The Black Knight - it's just a flesh wound, really . . .

+ Reply to Thread