+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever meet any NHLers?

Ever meet any NHLers?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if any of you have ever met any NHLers? Have any good/bad stories to tell? I have met tons of players.(mainly in the 90's when I was an autograph/picture seeker)
    One player I'll always remember as an ass is Tom Barasso. Once when the Pens were in town a little kid asked Tom Barasshole for his autograph and he looked at the kid and said a firm "NO", I turn to my friend and said "what an asshole" and he turns to me and said "you're the asshole, I'm a rich asshole". If I was older and wiser then (like now), I would've probably started a fight with this guy. Anyways...that is one of the stories I will never forget!

Barasso is a tool...

And no, I've never met any players.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He went out with a whimper ... no team wanted him. He played for St Lou at some point , but since they are still playing and he's not I assume something happened. I think injury .Karma's a bitch.
    Kirk Muller is from my home town , and spends summer here , so does Doug Gilmour.
    Kirk and wife were at a town function called the buskers rendezvous where there are all kinds of street performers. My twin boys were very small - about 3 or 4 and the Mullers had newborn twins in a perfect little carriage. My guys were really whooping it up. Mrs Muller was totally horrified that her perfect liitle infants would end up like that ... They must be about ten or so now I guess ..

Waivers - that's what happened to Barasso.

Barasso is an ass? Tell me it ain't so!

I've met -
    Tie Domi
    Pat Verbeek
    Darren McCarthy

Rick Nash (when a junior)
    Jason Allison (also as a junior)

I saw Joe Thornton in the mall once, but never talked to him. (also as a junior)

I went to the same school as Brian Campbell and Andy McDonald (actually they are a few years younger)

And the big one...

I once had Arby's with Brendan Shanahan. (when he was a junior and there were other people there. I didn't think he was all that exciting and kind of weird looking)
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I want to clarify that I'm not a name dropper and not one of those people would remember me.

My friend had sex with Allison, so maybe he'd remember her. :rolleyes. Likely not.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Very interesting Miss F!

I met Jim Peplinski and a couple of other Flames back in 81 or 82. Also a few of the Calgary Wranglers during those years.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I think this topic was discussed a long time ago in ATH, so some of you already know this stuff, but...

I have met numerous San Jose Sharks in the past, have autographs from over 30 of them - met them at a "fan fest" thing, so no big deal. Nicest guys included Bernie Nichols, Gaetan Duchesne (MAN that guy loved to talk!), Ray Whitney, Pat Falloon (what do you mean, who? ), Mike Rathje, Jason Moore (again, you're asking who?) and Jeff Odgers was terrific. I have Kelly Hrudey's autograph on a mini-helmet, but a friend got it for me; I really would have enjoyed meeting him. Of course, Ed Belfor's sig is on the other side of that helmet (remember, he played 13 games for the Sharks), so I would have had to meet him, too - and I don't regret that lost opportunity for a second.

Of all the ones I've met, the only one I thought was an ass was Todd Elik.

But I did meet Igor Larionov by chance at a friend's apartment complex tennis court, and played doubles against him. Wonderfully nice guy, very humble, friendly, and funny. And just as bad at tennis as I am.

Oh, and at a Sharks vs Avs playoff game in Denver I saw Doug Wilson on the concourse and spoke breifly. I thanked him for the memories in the Cow Palace and for the autograph he gave me through a friend he met on the golf course (he found a club she'd left behind - he remembered), and he told me how much he appreciated seeing my Sharks sweater in McNicol's Arena.

My dad used to work with Rob Blakes father-in-law. I know that doesn't count, but I think it's funny.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    he told me how much he appreciated seeing my Sharks sweater in McNicol's Arena
    At the risk of your health

Kelly

I um have to point out that Brady Blake is a Ho with a bad boob job ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast