+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever meet any NHLers?

That's cool Wayner! As for Kelly Hrudey, I met him and he wasn't super nice, I almost had to beg him for a picture. Atleast he stopped though. Not too many players have been snobs that I met and I have to say back in those days (early 90's), I think I had met most of the NHL. Yes, my hangout was the Montreal Forum (or the lobbies of the hotels where they were staying) every weekend to take pictures with players. I can't say I regret it, there are many other celebs I'd try to meet if I could.

FORT Regular
    Blast from the past! Pat Falloon! He used to be a Flyer so I remember him too! One day I had a hockey trifecta. We were flying to Vancouver and sat next to Dave Brown, a former Flyer; when we got to the airport we were retrieving our luggage right next to Rod Brind'Amour when Gordie Howe walked by!

JR.
    I've met Ray Bourque, Andy Moog, Gord Kluzak, Gary Galley, and Don Sweeny. They were all cool, but I didn't really bother them, I just said hi and wished them luck.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    That's right elizabeth! Pat Falloon was the second player taken in the draft the year he came into the league. Quick - name who was picked ahead of him! (hint: he played for the Flyers as well.) BTW, I believe Dave Brown also played for the Sharks for a season or two. Wasn't he an enforcer type?

Any Eny, I've never had any trouble wearing my Sharks gear in Avs country. The only person that ever really said anything about it walked up to be before a game at Pepsi Center and said "Dude - you're SUSHI!!!" I pointed out that he was wearing an Emmitt Smith jersery in Bronco country, and that I was probably much safer than he was.

FORT Regular
    Wayner, why Eric Lindros of course!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Well done. And yes, I AM still bitter that the NHL didn't award the 1st pick in the draft to the Sharks in their first season. They were the only expansion team to enter the league that year, yet they got the SECOND pick? That's just, oh, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah - crap!

But I don't blame you elizabeth.

Wayner, you should be GLAD you didn't get first pick that year. You might have taken ERIC LINDROS!

I still haven't met any NHLers. Might see Scottie Upshall at the golf course in a flashy car with a bunch of girls hanging off him or something this summer.

Brandy Blake has really bad fake tits - if anyone wants to see 'em PM me and I'll send you the link. Don't all flood my inbox at once though.

eva, I think Kelly might be different now that he's not playing. (I assume you met him while he was playing) I saw some online video a while ago of Kelly when he was a Shark and he was really bitter.

Yes Ducky, I met Kelly when he was with the Kings! Most of the players I met were in the early 90's. Now I only go see Claude when he comes.

Aha! See, he's probably mellowed since then. Well , maybe.

Oh I did see Scott Russell up close once.

I'm sure Kelly has mellowed since then cuz now he's really a "nobody". I hate when people let fame get to their head cuz you'll only be famous (especially athletes) for so long!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast