+ Reply to Thread

Thread: History in Sports Illustrated

History in Sports Illustrated

I don't know if any of you are aware, but SI has made available for free their entire library on line. You can read every article from every issue & they also have provided links to some great sports videos.

go to SI.com/vault

& search for anything you are interested in or read entire issues if you want.

Re: History in Sports Illustrated

Thanks for posting this information. This made me think back to Jan 1, 1995 when Penn State was in the Rose Bowl. There were 12 or so of us that went out to Cali for the game. The SI that came out after this game featured a story on it, and my brother and cousin were in the background of one of the pictures! I searched it on the vault and sure enough it was there. I took a screen capture. (The bold black circle was added by me!)

My cousin is on the left and my brother on the right.

They must have a gazillion old videos amongst everything else. Pretty cool that they made if a free service.

That's cool AshleyPSU, that you were able to find that!

I've been a longtime subscriber to SI and enjoy the magazine tremendously. I'm glad others will now have the ability to.

FORT Fogey

That is very cool! I subscribed to SI for about 10 years back in the late 80s -early 90s. At the time, I kept every single issue ... archived in order by date. I had this great vision of maintaining THE authoritative library of sports history. Eventually I ended my subscription and my parents moved, so I ended up tearing off the covers and keeping them, but throwing away most of the magazines. Its nice to know that now even though I'm not keeping it, I can refer to that great library I dreamed of somewhere! I did keep a couple of the issues when I sorted through all of them ... my favorite was one that talked about how Cal Ripken had just hit a milestone on the number of games he'd played in a row, but he was still FAR from Lou Gerhig's record, and the experts at SI were VERY confident that even Ripken would NEVER EVER break that record.

+ Reply to Thread