+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Summer Olympics: Beijing, China

Re: Summer Olympics: Beijing, China

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3170309;
    Amanda Beard Denies Dating Michael Phelps But Says He's Not 'Nasty' - Olympics Summer 2008, Michael Phelps : People.com

Amanda Beard Denies Dating Michael Phelps But Says He's Not 'Nasty'
    By Cynthia Wang

Olympic swimmer and model Amanda Beard swears she was just joking around Tuesday when she went on the air with 93.7 KRQ Tucson's Johnjay and Rich in the Morning. Familiar with the crew, she mock-suffered through questions about her romantic life, specifically rumors that she's dating Beijing Games hero Michael Phelps.

Asked point blank what their status was, Beard stated, "I am not dating Michael Phelps." When pressed on whether they'd ever kissed, the 26-year-old used her best Valley Girl delivery to say, "Eww! No. Come on." Then, when told that Phelps might dream about dating her, she replied, "Eww, that's so nasty! ... Come on, I have really good taste."

Now Beard is catching flak for her flippancy and she wants to set the record straight. "Everyone who knows me knows I can be a jokester, but I guess I took it too far," the four-time Olympian tells PEOPLE. "I never meant to say anything rude about Michael. I am 100-percent sorry for what I said. I take full responsibility for it."

Beard, speaking earnestly, adds, "When we are sitting in the stands, we are very grateful that Michael swims for the U.S. It's cool to be a part of the team on which Michael won eight gold medals. We know each other and Michael is like my little brother. He jokes around me all the time and it's all good-natured. But obviously people who don't know me can take it the wrong way."

For Phelps's part, the 23-year told Extra that he has a celebrity crush on Cameron Diaz and insisted, "No, I'm not dating Amanda Beard. I'll say that. I think she has a boyfriend."

He would be right: Beard has been dating a photographer for the past three years. "He's been here [at the Olympics] he's always with me," she says of her boyfriend. "He's totally fine with [the romance rumors]. This is just the way things go sometimes. But to Michael, I am so sorry for the things I said."
    I saw that story on TMZ... Amanda Beard dated Carl Edwards (Nascar Driver) a few years ago. Carl can do much better that Amanda. That woman has some SERIOUS GUMS! She's ruined! I can't believe Playboy wanted her in their magazine. Her body might be hot, but put a bag on the head and pass the duct tape for that mouth. The poor thang!
    Not attractive whatsoever and as far as Michael Phelps... I don't have any love for him either. He may have beat Spitz record, but he's not anywhere close in the looks department. The poor dude is sweeping the floor with his chin. Bless his

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

It's alright. I like Phelps. That's all he needs. Plus, Beard failed to qualify for a chance at any medals this time around.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

Amy Lee, I saw the commercial done by your future MIL. She looked GREAT and her message brought a happy tear to my eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3175124;
    dberk, you must have been watching Real World by mistake.
    NEVER! Well it must have been some channel near that, because there really was a channel that only seemed to show the boxing, wrestling etc stuff which held no interest for me. I saw it nearly every day when surfing through the GUIDE on my cable programing. Hopefully someone else saw this and my sanity can be proven.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3175192;
    Oh geez, I shouldn't have gone on Yahoo. Right on the front page, it has the words (and I'll put this in tags for those fortunate enough to not see it)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "The U.S. men's volleyball team tries to overcome an unthinkable act of murder to win gold."
    -_- Thanks Yahoo, for spoiling those who wait to see the games on TV.
    I don't think they were telling the outcome, just their intent.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3177000;
    NEVER! Well it must have been some channel near that, because there really was a channel that only seemed to show the boxing, wrestling etc stuff which held no interest for me. I saw it nearly every day when surfing through the GUIDE on my cable programing. Hopefully someone else saw this and my sanity can be proven.
    I think I know what you're talking about, but they never showed any marital arts and they didn't show the Lopez kids either. There was lots of boxing on there though.

I seem to remember that the Olympics coverage used to be more diverse in the past when there was just one channel...but now with all these channels, they seem to show less than ever.

Even with all that said, I'm still going through Olympics withdrawal. I miss not being able to watch it...it just feels weird watching regular programing...

I missed Rain. Was he one of the pop singers at the end?

Now I have the US Open Tennis and MLB with the Phillies!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3176650;
    Amy Lee, I saw the commercial done by your future MIL. She looked GREAT and her message brought a happy tear to my eye!
    Well, i hope the future MIL isn't too busy with Mike's life that she can't focus on her own.
    Or we will have problems. He's mine now.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3177013;
    I think I know what you're talking about, but they never showed any marital arts and they didn't show the Lopez kids either. There was lots of boxing on there though.

I seem to remember that the Olympics coverage used to be more diverse in the past when there was just one channel...but now with all these channels, they seem to show less than ever.

Even with all that said, I'm still going through Olympics withdrawal. I miss not being able to watch it...it just feels weird watching regular programing...

I missed Rain. Was he one of the pop singers at the end?
    MSNBC showed boxing, like daily....
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3177218;
    Well, i hope the future MIL isn't too busy with Mike's life that she can't focus on her own.
    Or we will have problems. He's mine now.
    Speaking from experience:
    A good -- nay, EXCELLENT -- man is one who has the balls to cut the apron strings!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread