+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

To the Point

Re: N F L 2008

Near the end of the Chargers game they had the camera on Jay Cutler and you could read his lips when he said "What?" "This can't be happening." Why, yes Jay it could and did.

Priceless.

That whole game he had that look of astonishment, as though they just couldn't possibly be good enough to beat him!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I am a huge (understatement) Chargers fan. While I think that Rivers has been a bit immature (understatement) in the past, I was proud of him on Sunday. Even without Rivers mouth, Cutler still had a dumbfounded look on his face for most of the second half.

I hope they can keep up the momentum through the playoffs this year. At least their achilles- the Pats will not be upsetting them again this year

I would love my 8-8 team to win the Superbowl, but I'll take it one game at a time and take a win over Indy.

This is the first season in a long time where the NFC seems to be the better division. January will be interesting.

Go Chargers!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Pat Bowlen fired Mike Shanahan today. Press conference tomorrow at 11am MT

Broncos fire coach Shanahan : Broncos : The Rocky Mountain News

League sources said Tuesday afternoon as part of a meeting to discuss the direction of the team Bowlen wanted Shanahan to make changes on the team's coaching staff, particularly with defensive coordinator Bob Slowik, and Shanahan refused. Shanahan has said following Sunday's loss to the Chargers there would be no change at defensive coordinator. In a statement Bowlen said: "After giving this careful consideration, I have concluded that a change in our football operations is in the best interests of the Denver Broncos. This is certainly a difficult decision, but one that I feel must be made and which will ultimately be in the best interests of all concerned.

“I appreciate the 21 years that Mike Shanahan has given to the organization as an assistant and head coach, and the two Super Bowl wins in that time. His contributions hold a special place in Broncos history.”

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3259237;
    LOL, maybe Jessica is feeding him too much home cooking.
    Probally Chicken...(or was that "Tuna?")

Love my Steelers! Go Steel Curtain..D-E-F-E-N-S-E!

I am not surprised about Shanahan being fired. The Broncos haven't been to the playoffs since 2005. Every year they come close to having a good season and then blow it in the end. Plummer used to be the excuse he would just slowly implode the last few weeks of the season, he is gone so that excuse is out. The blame has to lie with the coaching staff.

The Broncos only needed to win one of three games and they couldn't manage that. The Charger's are where they had been projected to be AFC West Champs, no thanks to Ed Hoculi. I can say with the injuries, the Hoculi call and the 3 point or less losses I didn't expect them to win the division. To their credit they never gave up. They won when needed and kept their eye on the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3260451;
    I am not surprised about Shanahan being fired. The Broncos haven't been to the playoffs since 2005. Every year they come close to having a good season and then blow it in the end. Plummer used to be the excuse he would just slowly implode the last few weeks of the season, he is gone so that excuse is out. The blame has to lie with the coaching staff.

The Broncos only needed to win one of three games and they couldn't manage that. The Charger's are where they had been projected to be AFC West Champs, no thanks to Ed Hoculi. I can say with the injuries, the Hoculi call and the 3 point or less losses I didn't expect them to win the division. To their credit they never gave up. They won when needed and kept their eye on the prize.
    Times are tough allover.....There were quite a FEW firings in the NFL this year. Seems it is really all about the playoffs after all! These poor guys give ALL they have 24/7 to these teams and if they can't "win it all" they are thrown under the bus!...glad I married a "simple" man!

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3260185;
    I am a huge (understatement) Chargers fan. While I think that Rivers has been a bit immature (understatement) in the past, I was proud of him on Sunday. Even without Rivers mouth, Cutler still had a dumbfounded look on his face for most of the second half.

I hope they can keep up the momentum through the playoffs this year. At least their achilles- the Pats will not be upsetting them again this year

I would love my 8-8 team to win the Superbowl, but I'll take it one game at a time and take a win over Indy.

This is the first season in a long time where the NFC seems to be the better division. January will be interesting.

Go Chargers!
    You know, I was watching the games in which Rivers supposedly was so inappropriately mouthy. I just saw it as an intensely competitive player having a big time. It was not rude, it was not off-color, it was not even mean-spirited. Way too much has been made of those interactions. I can't think of a game that I have watched EVER in which players weren't talking smack. I still have never figured out exactly what all transpired between Rivers and Cutler to make this such a huge deal and I have watched and read what's available. What I saw did not warrant all the attention it has garnered.

While it's probably not a good idea to engage the fans, even that was good natured. He didn't just start mouthing off at them, he responded to their taunts and even that was not nasty, just ill-advised. Obviously the commentators don't have enough crap (there's plenty out there) to discuss so they choose to take apart a guy who's basically a very solid individual both on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3260799;
    You know, I was watching the games in which Rivers supposedly was so inappropriately mouthy. I just saw it as an intensely competitive player having a big time. It was not rude, it was not off-color, it was not even mean-spirited. Way too much has been made of those interactions. I can't think of a game that I have watched EVER in which players weren't talking smack. I still have never figured out exactly what all transpired between Rivers and Cutler to make this such a huge deal and I have watched and read what's available. What I saw did not warrant all the attention it has garnered.

While it's probably not a good idea to engage the fans, even that was good natured. He didn't just start mouthing off at them, he responded to their taunts and even that was not nasty, just ill-advised. Obviously the commentators don't have enough crap (there's plenty out there) to discuss so they choose to take apart a guy who's basically a very solid individual both on and off the field.
    Yeah this Charger fan loves Phillips passion for the game. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Omg you would think he was TO or something. I think their little feud is more media hype than anything else. I did enjoy seeing the pouty look of awe on Cutler's face though. I think he really needs to lighten up and stop looking like he has been sucking on lemons all day.lol.

+ Reply to Thread