+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

Re: N F L 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3198249;
    I want to say it was Cris Collinsworth (but frankly I've been watching football for the last 8 hours, so it could be anyone) who, in a very convoluted explanation, said that the initial call was wrong, but the lack of overturn was correct because of the whistle? But there was something about within 10 yards. Memory's a little fuzzy, it's been a long day.

As for my Giants, it was actually a close game for the first three quarters, score-wise, but then they scored again and the Rams just sort of called it a day. We've got Chad Ocho Cinco (I can't believe he legally changed his name, I mean, really!) and the Bengals next week.

Yup you've got it correctly. I was extremely confused for a bit. It took me a few minutes to sort it out. It appears that the whistle ruling the play dead cannot be overturned even though the initial call was incorrect. Lucky for my Broncos and I'll take it! Ugly 2nd half after such a well played first half. Gotta love the gutsy calls that Shanahan makes - I just love that man!

And a note on my hated rivals, the Raiders.... Am I the only one that feels badly for Lane Kiffen and the situation he finds himself in? I can't put my finger on it - but there is something I really like about him, and I just feel for him trying to coach a team while handcuffed in regards to all player decisions. Al Davis really needs to accept the fact that he is of retirement age, and his time in this game has passed. Hang it up, Al.

WOO HOOO Let's Go PATS! Still managed a win againt Favre (boo hoo Brett).

2-0, we are on our way!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3198371;

And a note on my hated rivals, the Raiders.... Am I the only one that feels badly for Lane Kiffen and the situation he finds himself in? I can't put my finger on it - but there is something I really like about him, and I just feel for him trying to coach a team while handcuffed in regards to all player decisions. Al Davis really needs to accept the fact that he is of retirement age, and his time in this game has passed. Hang it up, Al.
    You're not the only one. I'd feel bad for just about any young coach in his situation. (And I do think that Al Davis can really only hire a first timer, and probably a younger one at that--I can't think of a veteran coach who would be willing to put up with his antics.) Kiffin does seem likeable, and I really feel badly that a guy who lost to a good GB team and beat KC on the road is possibly going to be fired.

Al Davis reminds me of George Steinbrenner, at least in his mentality: a stodgy old crank with expectations that no one could possibly live up to. You can buy all of the top players you want, but that won't necessarily guarantee you a championship; a coaching change and a couple high draft picks won't take you from the NFL basement to the Superbowl in a year, either--especially when your actions have guaranteed that you'll have a limited choice on coaches. That Kiffin doubled 2006's win total with that team is pretty impressive, and if Davis reviewed his work objectively rather than wearing some fanboy glasses, he'd be patting his back rather than kicking his butt.

A little bit OT, but Campbell's is running it's Click For Cans promotion again, so be sure to vote for your favorite NFL team to help win soup donations for their local food banks- Campbellā€™s Chunky - Click For Cans They seemed to have tightened up the donation numbers from in the past, but still a good cause! The Packer fans always seem to win this.

Bucs win in OT, whoo-hoooo!!! Wish I could have watched it here!

How about the 'Phins upsetting the Pats like that? Well, any given Sunday and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;3202266;
    Bucs win in OT, whoo-hoooo!!! Wish I could have watched it here!

How about the 'Phins upsetting the Pats like that? Well, any given Sunday and all that...
    Congrats to the Dolphins on that - I am all for just about anyone beating the Pats at this point. Really sick of hearing about them about now...

Go Broncos!!

Great win for the Bucs this weekend... wouldn't have even been that close had Griese not decided to try to give it away. Got to go to the game; one of the few it looks like I'll make. Was intent on seeing this one as the Pack is my 2nd fave team.

I am so thankful the Steelers squeaked out win against Baltimore on Monday night. It seemed like every play someone was getting hurt, Steelers and Ravens. They really must have been hitting HARD.

Al Davis is at it again. He becomes more of an every year. He has now not only fired Lane Kiffin, but has tried to ruin his chances for any future career in football by slandering him. And to top it off - he is refusing to pay him. Remind anyone of Mike Shanahan back in '89? He still hasn't been paid even though a judge ruled that Davis had to pay him his salary. There is a clip of Lane Kiffin's response in the form of an interview with Trey Wingo on ESPN.com if anyone is interested in it. He really seems like a great guy - and I wish him the best of luck.

Shanahan - if you are listening, you could really piss of Al if you hire Lane for something in the Bronco's organization...

Al Davis needs to call it a day and hand over control to someone that has given up the member's only jackets.

+ Reply to Thread