+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2008

I didn't mind Brett Favre until this whole retirement business. How I'm so over him? Favre is a diva and the next time he "retires" nobody will care. He'll be like ther boy who cried wolf. There are 31 others teams in the league. How about we talk about them? In fact, let's talk about Chad Pennington...he changed teams too and his team won. (they neglect to mention that the Jets didn't win).

Granted, it's preseason, but I'm glad that Denver beat the Cowboys.

I sooo love Jay Cutler!!! He should have alot of heads talking by the end of this season..

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucs lose to the Saints 24-20. Wasn't able to watch it as FOX was showing the Atlanta-Detroit game here; Falcons looked good, might surprise some people this season. And to make sure the Bucs were the only NFC South team not to win, the Panthers just shocked the Chargers with a last second TD.

FORT Fanatic

I too was glad that the Chargers lost. (sorry Chargers fans, but they're in the same division as my Broncos). They plan tomorrow night. Go Broncos!!!

Tom Brady is most likely out for the season. I think I can hear Patriots fans crying now.

The Colts lost!!!!!!!!!! I'm shocked...not terribly upset, but definitely shocked.

2008-2009 NFL season is underway and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. Am. Heartbroken

Bucs win, beat the Falcons!! Awful discipline-- really need to cut down on the dumb penalties-- and Sabby Piscitelli made arguably one of the stupidest plays in franchise history for which he should be horsewhipped, but you can't complain too much about a W, and we needed it! Dunn looked good; glad to have him back.

After the win, flipped over to see the end of the Broncos-Chargers game... wow, was that crazy. If I were Turner, I'd be wanting to kill the officiating crew. This one has to sting worse than last week's last-second loss.

Pleasantly surprised and very much THRILLED that my Packers won!!!
    Embarrassing loss for the Lions against an underdog team with rookie q'backs. And good for Rogers and the Pack for showing us (early) doubters to have some effin' faith!

Chargers? Not so surprised at their loss overall, but they should've had the ball way sooner. C'mon -- Broncos q'back drops the ball on the attempted pass, the ball goes BACKWARDS -- OBVIOUS fumble!!! -- and the idiot ref calls an incomplete; Denver keeps the ball, and the call stands? Hmmm.

Someone wearin' stripes is gettin' a b***job from someone in Denver . . .
    (Just sayin'. Bless their hearts.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 09-14-2008 at 08:17 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Go Pack Go!!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3198140;
    Chargers? Not so surprised at their loss overall, but they should've had the ball way sooner. C'mon -- Broncos q'back drops the ball on the attempted pass, the ball goes BACKWARDS -- OBVIOUS fumble!!! -- and the idiot ref calls an incomplete; Denver keeps the ball, and the call stands? Hmmm.
    I want to say it was Cris Collinsworth (but frankly I've been watching football for the last 8 hours, so it could be anyone) who, in a very convoluted explanation, said that the initial call was wrong, but the lack of overturn was correct because of the whistle? But there was something about within 10 yards. Memory's a little fuzzy, it's been a long day.

As for my Giants, it was actually a close game for the first three quarters, score-wise, but then they scored again and the Rams just sort of called it a day. We've got Chad Ocho Cinco (I can't believe he legally changed his name, I mean, really!) and the Bengals next week.

I got to watch the Seahawks lose in overtime to the 49ers in person. At least it was 80 degrees and sunny. We are about down to signing receivers off the street having lost another one for at least today's game early.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread