+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

Re: N F L 2008

Okay, seriously??? The Jets???? At least the drama of the uncertainty is finally over -- so sick of hearing about nothing but Favre all the time.

We play the Jets on November 30. It is just going to be unreal seeing him in that uniform.

Drat, I had a feeling after what I was reading yesterday that the Jets might pull something off. Well, at least it is over, and wish Brett and his family the best. Hmm... Broadway Brett, the New York Jet... Thing for Tampa is now, Garcia may be pretty disgruntled over all of this.

Brett Farve -- FEH! Watch him announce his retirement at the end of the season, then decide to play then retire, then play, retire... this goes on for years...

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3158542;
    Brett Farve -- FEH! Watch him announce his retirement at the end of the season, then decide to play then retire, then play, retire... this goes on for years...
    Sounds like a Packers fan isn't too happy with Brett. Blame the organization, not him.

This article pretty much sums it up IMO.
    Sporting News
    Favre goes to the Jets...WAY below market

Aug 07, 2008 09:37 AM
    Why is it that Green Bay traded a player like Farve for the type of conditional draft pick that usually goes for players either farther past their primes or of much lesser skill than Favre? I mean, Brett led the Packers to the finals last year, was one interception away from going to the superbowl. So why is a superstar with his credentials and his obvious fitness to continue player go what basically amounts to a 2nd or 3rd Rounder unless the Jets go to the Superbowl?

To put it mildly, the Packers shot themselves in the foot. The coach openly critisized Favre and his mental preparedness, they treated him like he wasn't wanted by the organisation. "Hey Brett...Thanks for coming out, but get lost."

Had the Packers been smart, they would have tried to start a bidding war for Brett. They could have praised him and his accomplishments, get the fans of every team who are looking for a QB think that Brett is the awnser. Look at the NHL, and the Mats Sundin situation, ever team that needs a big centre is falling over itself to make a deal for this guy. If the Leafs were holding his contract they would have shipped him off for WAY more than a measly conditional draft pick. And even now that its almost sure that Sundin will not return they would never do anything but offer him to return with open arms.

The Packers have found the most stupid way of making the smart move I have ever seen. Denigrate an asset...and THEN trade him...If I were the owner of that team, I would look very seriously at my front office staff if they can bungle the handling of such a resource so badly. When you think about it, if Favre leads the Jets to a Superbowl victory, then not only will they only get a first rounder as a return...but they will earn the ire of the fans who will consider that superbowl victory one that was all but given away.

All in all, Brett comes out a lot cleaner than the Packers' front office in this mess. He's just a guy who wanted to play, was a team guy until the end...And the Packers are just the guys who traded the face of the franchise for to give a shot to a guy who will never be able to fill his shoes.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 08-07-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Well seeing as how I am not really a football fan, all I am griping about is the stupid coverage of this -- BREAKING NEWS - -let's watch Bretts plane fly into Austin Strabel airport in Green Bay.... FEH... BTW Unklescott - cute avatar with the ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3155338;
    Sorry for the double post.... but I just had to get this out! Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing about the Brett Favre story? I swear, every time I turn on the TV to ESPN or NFL network, the story is running. And last night during the Hall of Fame Game - we broke away from the game to watch Favre's plane land???? Seriously???? What the F????
    I thought I was sick to death of it, and then I woke up this morning to discover that this is only the very, very beginning for me. The NY media will be on this like white on rice. For the next six months. Oh, the agony.

I am a fan of Brett and It will be so odd seeing him in that Jets Uniform. I think Green Bay is going to be sorry for this huge blunder.

I, too, like Bret and I will be delighted to see him as Jet. It's too soon to tell how good a season the Jets will have, but this is a step in right direction as has been their off-season acquisitions. Sings... when you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way....
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: This just in...

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3158088;
    Brett Favre traded to the Jets.
    That's just sick and wrong! There's a lot to be said for retiring gracefully; he should have stayed retired. Now I still Brett Favre -- I'll probably still watch whatever games I can of his; in fact, he'll be here in San Diego on Sept. 22 playing in the MNF game (which will no doubt be painful on a variety of levels). The effin' Jets???? WTF???

I wonder how many times Deanna has slapped him upside the head. Given the chance, I would!
    Last edited by Ellen; 08-11-2008 at 03:58 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fanatic

How about them Broncos????????? Jay Cutler is the bomb. Sucks about Brandon Marshall though. Hopefully the suspension is only 2 games.

+ Reply to Thread