+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

FORT Fanatic

Re: N F L 2008

CUTLER TRADED TO BEARS FOR 1ST AND 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICKS AND KYLE ORTON

As a Broncos fan, I feel good about this pick. Cutler is a baby and while Kyle Orton doesn't have the arm that Cutler has, I don't think he's a baby. Plus, who knows the talent we can get with the draft picks. Should be an interesting season.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3401695;

As a Broncos fan, I feel good about this pick. Cutler is a baby and while Kyle Orton doesn't have the arm that Cutler has, I don't think he's a baby. Plus, who knows the talent we can get with the draft picks. Should be an interesting season.

GO BRONCOS!!!
    Don't feel badly! Myself, I think the guy is 'OK', but not worth the trouble - this guy is locker room madness, and nobody really needs that. Althoguh, it's true, the Bears need a QB.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3401695;

GO BRONCOS!!!
    I would laugh like mad if Whiny Cutler the Candyboy and Kyle had a sort of reversal of fortunes. Kyle does well and Candyboy blows it. Jay Cutler is such a douchebag. The Broncos are going to have a couple of hard season but the cancer that team had has left the building.

Chicago you have a new QB but who is he going to throw to? Imo Cutler is like throwing your money in the ocean and hoping it floats.

As a Jets fan, I don't root for either Chicago or Denver, so I'm looking at this only from the perspective of players I like and don't like. My son says that Cutler is a top tier QB. He may be right, but sometimes talent is more trouble than it's worth -- Terrell Owens, e.g. Jets need a better quarterback, but I'm kind of glad they didn't get this one.

Cutler lost me at the beginning of last season when he stated he had a stronger arm than John Elway. Maybe he does, but it strikes me as a stupid thing to say in Denver where Elway is revered. He should have kept his mouth shut and let his arm do the talking. As stated by others above, I think Cutler lacks maturity.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

First off, I didnt even know there was a NFL thread! Reading is so hard for me some days.

Secondly, I am a lifelong Bears fan. My father was a Bears fan and so on and so on.

Thirdly, The question begs to be asked...why havent the Bears ever had a great qb? Simple because you cant throw for the 8 games that are played in Soldier Field. It is a horrible stadium, swirly winds and asundry other weather conditions. That is why the Bears have a great defense. Because that same wind effects the oppositions qbs.

Forthly. We dont want no stinkin qb. Especially this whiney one. Stupid, stupid to give up two first rounders for a benched in one year qb.

Fifthly, In the NFC north there are no teams to compete against. So why are we selling our future for this mess. Grrr.

LOL, my friends and I have been having just this conversation. Most of us were dismayed by trading the farm for Cutler. Get a decent O-line and receivers, and Orton would have done just fine. I'm thinking that Whiney Cutler is gonna have a hard time getting the respect of his team after his whines this past offseason. Hope I'm wrong, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by ladytex;3410847;
    LOL, my friends and I have been having just this conversation. Most of us were dismayed by trading the farm for Cutler. Get a decent O-line and receivers, and Orton would have done just fine. I'm thinking that Whiney Cutler is gonna have a hard time getting the respect of his team after his whines this past offseason. Hope I'm wrong, but ...
    Cutler will never be happy because his ego won't let him.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

If Cutler would cut his agent (Bus Cook / AKA Sh*t stirrer) loose, he would solve most of his problems. His ego would shrink back down to normal size and the whining would end. Bus Cook just stirs the pot by feeding into the ego and whining. Look what he did for Brett Favre... 'Nough said. Cutler is young still, and I wish him success in the future - but he has GOT to grow up to have the success he is capable of.

Meanwhile, I am still in shock from all the changes in Denver. Cannot process all of it yet.

FORT Fanatic

The thing about what is going on in Denver this year is that it was all out of Cutler's hands, and he didnt have the coaches ear. The relationship between a head coach and the starting qb is one of the most important in the game of football IMO.
    Walsh-Montana, Favre-Holgrem, Manning-Dungy, etc. The owner in Denver did nothing to help this by thinking he could call in Cutler to his office for a reaming. Eras end, and the end of the Elway era will be a long and hard recovery period for many fans of the Broncos.
    It bothers me because the Bears got stuck with a wanna be qb because of egos.

FORT Fanatic

The 2009 schedule is out and the Bears really dont need a qb at all to go 12-4. Probably one of the weakest schedules the Bears have seen in decades. Woot!

+ Reply to Thread