+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

Re: N F L 2008

I'm a lifetime Packer fan, so I really don't care who wins this year, but my gut feeling is that the Steelers will win in a blowout.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Springsteen halftime show! Go, Boss!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The Dallas Cowboys have released TO

I am crossing my fingers that he doesn't end up in Detroit. If they scoop him up I'll be pissed.

I hope his release helps out with the team chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3369638;
    I am crossing my fingers that he doesn't end up in Detroit. If they scoop him up I'll be pissed.

I hope his release helps out with the team chemistry.
    Lol ESPN said that 28 teams have already said no thanks on TO!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3371331;
    Lol ESPN said that 28 teams have already said no thanks on TO!
    Really? Ha! Looks good on him!

In spite of Owen's talent, I find it hard to see why any team would want him. However, I just read that he signed a 1-year 6.5 million deal with the Buffalo Bills.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I realize we will need a new thread for the 2009 season.... however, being that we are still in-between seasons....I'm hoping it's okay that I post this here.

Does ANYONE know where the HECK Adam Schefter is????? I need to join a support group or something. He hasn't blogged on NFL.com since April 3. He always has the inside scoop on ALL things NFL and is NEVER wrong. His sources are incredible. I have missed him even more due to the tremendous upheaval my Broncos have been going through the past 3 months. So much drama.... you can't make this stuff up. Adam always brought a clear head to the topic, and made me feel better about things. I miss him so much...

I read this today and it just made me even more sad...although, I will state that I have no idea who this Neil Best person is. The story makes sense since we have not seen Adam in so long. NFL network needs to just fork out the $$$ already. Some of the buffoons they have giving "opinions" are just ridiculous.

WATCHDOG: THE BEST OF NEIL BEST -- Newsday.com

NFL Network puts reporter on ice

What's up with Adam Schefter, alumnus of Bellmore Kennedy High and one of the NFL Network's most recognizable figures?

Schefter hasn't blogged on NFL.com since March 3, hasn't appeared on "Total Access" since March 6 and was nowhere to be seen at this past week's owners' meetings in California.

All Schefter would say about it was this: "I'm under contract to NFL Network until the middle of August, and I've been very happy there and I'm hoping we can work things out."

Hmm. OK, so it appears there is a lack of an agreement on the financial terms of a contract extension. From what I have heard, this involves a quite substantial gap.

But why the mysterious disappearance from the network at the busiest time of the offseason?

The NFL Network's statement: "We are moving forward with the talented staff who will be on NFL Network and NFL.com during the 2009 season."

FORT Fanatic

Huge Bronco fan here. I have to say...I'm not too upset that the team is trading cutler. I never really like him. I know it's because he surplanted my boy (Jake Plummer), but still, Cutler never even won a playoff game. It'll be interesting to see (1) what team he goes to and (2) what Denver gets for him. Let the trade talks begin.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3400418;
    Huge Bronco fan here. I have to say...I'm not too upset that the team is trading cutler. I never really like him. I know it's because he surplanted my boy (Jake Plummer), but still, Cutler never even won a playoff game. It'll be interesting to see (1) what team he goes to and (2) what Denver gets for him. Let the trade talks begin.
    I only can hope he goes to the Lions and completes his career there. Myself, if I were a player, I'd think twice about using this agent, who also was Brett Favre's agent, and treated us to months of garbage last year.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3400462;
    I only can hope he goes to the Lions and completes his career there. Myself, if I were a player, I'd think twice about using this agent, who also was Brett Favre's agent, and treated us to months of garbage last year.
    Exactly!! Bus Cook sucks (hope that is PG-13 enough for the mods) I honestly believe alot of the fault lies with Bus. Make no mistake, I have issues with the manner in which Cutler has handled this whole fiasco, nor am I very thrilled with Josh McDumbasss. This has just been one huge cluster since Shanahan was fired.

I really need some therapy...

+ Reply to Thread