+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

Re: N F L 2008

Can I just say how much I dislike the Baltimore Ravens? First of all I'm a Browns fan so that's reason enough and 2nd I'm originally from Tennessee and they just knocked my 2nd favorite team (Titans) out of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3272922;
    Can I just say how much I dislike the Baltimore Ravens? First of all I'm a Browns fan so that's reason enough and 2nd I'm originally from Tennessee and they just knocked my 2nd favorite team (Titans) out of the playoffs.
    The Ravens are the old Browns, and the Titans are the old Houston Oilers?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3272983;
    The Ravens are the old Browns, and the Titans are the old Houston Oilers?
    I think so...didn't the owner pack up in the middle of the night and move the team?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

The Baltimore Indianapolis Colts are the team that moved in the middle of the night. Art Modell moved the Browns out of Cleveland but the NFL made him change the name of the team and leave all of the history, records etc. of the Browns franchise with whoever got awarded an expansion team in Cleveland. Bud Adams, owner of the Houston Oilers relocated the team to Tennessee and changed the name to the Tennessee Titans. They were relocating to Nashville but since Nashville did not have a stadium they played their first season in Memphis, moving to Nashville the next year and playing at Vanderbilt University. They were originally called the Tennessee Oilers but with the opening of the new stadium in Nashville the name was changed to the Titans. I was at the second regular season game played there when the Titans played the Browns in '99.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3273049;
    I think so...didn't the owner pack up in the middle of the night and move the team?
    Yes the Colts did sneak out of town like snakes in the middle of the night. I was a kid and remember the Mayflower moving trucks skulking out of B"More in the middle of the night. The next morning on the news they showed some of the clerical workers coming to work to find themselves no longer employed.

I live in San Diego now and I get a vicarious thrill everytime the Chargers beat the Colts. The Ravens are my other team besides my Charger's!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Damn you Titans for not winning!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I share in your hate of the Ravens, Unk! As a Broncos fan, it's just for other reasons. I do like the Titans - only due to the fact that Jeff Fisher is the coach. I do like him, he's a really stand up guy.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3272922;
    Don't worry Unk. After the Steelers knock off the Chargers today, we'll take care of the Ravens next week. Eagles will win today and knock off Arizona next week. ALL PENNSYLVANIA SUPER BOWL!!!
    Wake up and be awesome

I love you dearly Ashley but the Steelers aren't exactly one of my favorite teams either.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I'm rooting for Kurt Warner now.... he is still in it, isn't he??
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread