+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: N F L 2008

Re: N F L 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3263756;
    Well, if the Colt's defense had not committed so many penalties in the OT drive, the Chargers would not have had the free "walk" to the red zone. Seriously. Nothing Peyton could have done about that. That win was clearly due to the Colt's defensive penalties, not the Charger's offense.

I can't believe I am coming to Peyton's defense - I can't stand that guy.
    If the Charger Defense had of taken a couple of those almost picks and actually converted on them there would have been no OT to speak of. Peyton got lucky they had slippery hand disorder last night. I counted 4 on the Colts side of the field alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3262599;
    I still can't get believe that the 8-8 Chargers are in and the 11-5 Patriots are watching from home. A 10-6 team sitting home with a 9-7 division winner, maybe. But three games? Crazy. The entire west was just a black hole when it comes to good football this year.
    I'll start with I am a Chargers fan. I cry when they lose.

Something to think about- they scored more points than any team in the NFL this year. Their losses were all 8 points or less. So it isn't like they are a bad team- getting into the playoffs. Their pass defense was bad though- 31st in the league. Shawn Merriman was missed!

As they kept saying last night- the Chargers having been playing playoff football since week 13. Lose and you are out. They have won when they needed to win. The Broncos and others lost when they needed to win.

As a Chargers fan, I am happy they beat the Broncos to win the AFC west. As a football fan, I am happy that I got to watch one of the best football games ever last night. The fact that my team won was icing on the cake
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3263907;
    I'll start with I am a Chargers fan. I cry when they lose.

Something to think about- they scored more points than any team in the NFL this year. Their losses were all 8 points or less. So it isn't like they are a bad team- getting into the playoffs. Their pass defense was bad though- 31st in the league. Shawn Merriman was missed!

As they kept saying last night- the Chargers having been playing playoff football since week 13. Lose and you are out. They have won when they needed to win. The Broncos and others lost when they needed to win.

As a Chargers fan, I am happy they beat the Broncos to win the AFC west. As a football fan, I am happy that I got to watch one of the best football games ever last night. The fact that my team won was icing on the cake
    Shawn was definitely missed. The Charges lost their games this season by a total of 32 points. The Chargers have not had one blowout loss this season. I doubt The Broncos could have held Peyton to 17 points in that game.

This weekend 3 of the "not worthy" pulled off the win. Any given Sunday regardless of record any team can win. If that wasn't so they wouldn't bother to play the darn game.

Am I the only one who saw a clip of the Brett Favre pre-game huddle rally just before they played the Dolphins on Dec. 28th? I'm pretty sure he said "...... Let's just go out and play our game....whatever that is. ....."
    Some of the Jets are coming out and saying he wasn't really there. Upon hearing that comment, I believe them.

I really think it is past time for Favre to retire. He just isn't 100% any longer. IMO he should have retired a couple of seasons ago. I don't think the Jets will have an easy time of filling the head coach position as long as he is still "undecided" about next year. What person would want to take that on? You might have Brett Favre, you might not... hang in until July and we will be able to answer that question. Good luck with that.

And, MsDiva - given that the Broncos were playing with their second string for most of the season, I agree that they wouldn't have been able to have held Peyton. But the Charger's are playing their first string. Huge difference there. Broncos' defense is severely lacking this year, thus the coaching change. Broncos' offense - no competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3264363;
    Am I the only one who saw a clip of the Brett Favre pre-game huddle rally just before they played the Dolphins on Dec. 28th? I'm pretty sure he said "...... Let's just go out and play our game....whatever that is. ....."
    Some of the Jets are coming out and saying he wasn't really there. Upon hearing that comment, I believe them.
    Coaches don't throw interceptions- QBs do. It is unfortunate that Eric Mangini was fired over what could be called a bad personnel decision. While the rest of the team wasn't perfect, do you think the Jets would have fared differently had he pulled Favre? Pennington led his team to the Playoffs- Favre didn't.

I think Favre will look back someday and wish he had retired on his own terms -- and stayed retired. Sad to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3263208;
    A team can score 2 points on a safety. A safety occurs when the defensive team tackles the offensive team in its own end zone.
    safety (American football score) - American Football Research Guide
    Thanks so much Unk!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Baltimore 4:30 pm EST
    Tennessee CBS

Arizona 8:15 pm EST
    Carolina FOX
    Add to Calendar - Buy Tickets
    Sunday January 11, 2009

Philadelphia 1:00 pm EST
    NY Giants FOX

San Diego 4:45 pm EST
    Pittsburgh

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3265973;
    Baltimore 4:30 pm EST
    Tennessee CBS

Arizona 8:15 pm EST
    Carolina FOX
    Sunday January 11, 2009

Philadelphia 1:00 pm EST
    NY Giants FOX

San Diego 4:45 pm EST
    Pittsburgh

Steelers Chargers game should be a great matchup, even with Tomlison playing. Cant wait!

+ Reply to Thread