+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cat Fight Between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno

Cat Fight Between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno

Did anyone watch the clip of Danica Patrick and Milka arguing? Take it to the track ladies! Ha! Speaking of Danica, has anyone seen her show on motodanica.com?

Re: Cat Fight Between Danica Patrick and Milka Duno

Danica Patrick is going to pick a fight at the wrong time with the wrong person, and get her head handed to her. I was more than a little happy to see Duno throw the towel in Patrick's face. Twice As hard as it may be for dear little Danica to realize, she is not the only person on the track. One aspect of racing, especially road races, is that it can be a royal pain in the butt to get around slower traffic. Instead of storming to Duno's pit and screeching that Duno should have gotten out of the way, dear little Danica should have thanked her for the realistic practice.

I'd love to see Patrick go over to NASCAR and attempt her histrionics. She would find herself spun three ways and into five walls before the first green flag
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I take it you are not a fan of Danica Patrick? I think it was disrespectful of Milka to respond that way. Hopefully this will give Danica some MO to prove herself on the track now. :-p

Did you get a chance to check out the 2 episodes on motodanica.com. Its basically a spoof of daytime talk shows, very funny. You think she's a good actress?

It will be interesting to see if anything happens between Patrick and Milka this weekend...the Indy is HERE!!!

Up-to-date Edmonton Indy News here: Edmonton Journal

Danica in the driver's seat
    Leading woman of racing poised and unapologetic about recent controversies

EDMONTON - It was Danica Patrick day at the Rexall Edmonton Indy media centre Thursday, and the queen of open wheel racing was well prepared for the barrage of questions dealing with everything from her racing ability to her confrontational incidents with other drivers.

Although there was hardly a question she hadn't heard and answered a number of times before -- other than those about the Edmonton track that she had never driven on -- her responses and her composure showed just why the 26-year-old native of Roscoe, Ill., has become the face of IndyCar this year.

The bait was dangled a couple of times, but Patrick never bit. Asked about Paul Tracy's comment that she may not be physically strong enough to handle the Edmonton course, Patrick merely smiled and said:

Danica Patrick in pit row getting prepared for the first run of the day at Day one of the Rexall Edmonton Indy at the City Centre Airport.

"Road courses in general are very physical. It's nothing that I haven't faced my whole career, so I'm ready for it."

Asked about her willingness to confront other drivers, as she has done a number of times in her IndyCar career, the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition model said it's not something she deliberately learned to do to further her career.

"It's just inside of you. You're either passionate and wear your heart on your sleeve or you're not," she replied. "My personality is definitely a passionate personality ... I'm very into what I'm doing. There are drivers who are more calm and there are drivers who get more excited. I think it's a genetic thing. "

Patrick had a well-publicized verbal confrontation with Milka Duno last weekend and she admitted she "is not afraid to have conversations with other drivers," but is also aware of her responsibility as one of the leading faces of the series.

"I'm under a close eye and there's always cameras around and I have to watch what I'm doing and where I'm doing it at," said the first woman to win an IndyCar race when she won in Japan earlier this season.

"It's a double-edged sword, people are always watching and people are always watching. You do good things and it's fantastic, and then you do other things that are good or bad or just indifferent ... those are the fine lines that you walk and I have to be aware of that.

"But this is a good situation and I just have to be aware I am being watched at all times."

The winner of the Kids Choice Award for female athlete of the year and nominated for the same honour in the ESPYs and Teen's Choice awards, Patrick has a difficult role as the leading woman in auto racing.

She's a role model for so many youngsters. There are constant demands on her time as she's heavily promoted by the league and her increasing number of sponsors. And her main responsibility is trying to win races for the Andretti Green Racing team.

She had her first look at the Edmonton airport course when she and the other drivers walked it Wednesday and then ran two practice sessions Thursday.

"I was surprised by how many compressions and little off-camera corners and banked corners there are ... normally everything at an airport is very, very flat."

And as for Tracy, who has had more than his share of incidents throughout his career, Patrick said she's excited and honoured to be racing on the same course as him.

She admired him so much when she first began racing in karts that she had her helmet painted the same as Tracy's.

"Paul Tracy is a really fantastic driver," she said. "He's always so fast in qualifying, he's tough out there and he's a good driver. Yeah, I was a Paul Tracy fan."

Danica in the driver's seat

Too bad Paul Tracy had a bad day: "It was a frustrated Paul Tracy who left the pit area Friday after a last lap time that would have advanced him out of the first round of qualifying for today’s Rexall Edmonton Indy wasn’t allowed."
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-26-2008 at 03:15 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What a great race day!! Beautiful weather (43C); great track, huge crowd (50,000), pretty MissIndyGirls, and of course, Grand Marshall Gene Simmons ... blah blah blah.

helio.jpgindy track.jpgindycrowd.jpgmissindygirls.jpgsimmons.jpg

- Danika got run off the course by her teammate Marco Andretti finishing in 17th and 18th places...that sucks.

- Paul Tracy shocks critics, coming from behind from 15th to 4th; even though his radio contact went out early on!!

- Justin Wilson, who won the Champ Car in 2006 on the same track, finished 3rd.

- Helio Castroneves, our Dancing with the Stars winner, came in 2nd, but led the race for 35 laps (his sixth second place finish this season)

...and teammate Scott Dixon wins the race, his fifth of the season!
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-27-2008 at 03:05 AM.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3145763;
    What a great race day!! Beautiful weather (43C); great track, huge crowd (50,000), pretty MissIndyGirls, and of course, Grand Marshall Gene Simmons ... blah blah blah.

- Danika got run off the course by her teammate Marco Andretti finishing in 17th and 18th places...that sucks.

- Paul Tracy shocks critics, coming from behind from 15th to 4th; even though his radio contact went out early on!!

- Justin Wilson, who won the Champ Car in 2006 on the same track, finished 3rd.

- Helio Castroneves, our Dancing with the Stars winner, came in 2nd, but led the race for 35 laps (his sixth second place finish this season)

...and teammate Scott Dixon wins the race, his fifth of the season!

Hey Miss Kitty, did you go to the race on the weekend? I was one of the many volunteers this year. My job was on special events so I was kind of security for the autograph session of Friday (I was standing right in front of Danica's table for most of the hour they were signing autographs) and then on Saturday I was on the Winners Circle Stage most of the day helping with the setup for the trophy presentations. It was so much fun. I even got splashed by some of the champagne after the Atlantic Car trophy presentation. During the Indy race I got time off to walk through the pit walk and watch part of the race and see the crews at work. I don't think it got as hot as you say but it was a beautiful sunny weekend. Lots of fun and I will definately be volunteering again next year!
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Meowza! That was great that you volunteered and had a super posting! Right in th emiddle of the celebrity action! No, I didn't go this year. I can't afford it and was busy moving my sister and taking down my back fence. I did go when it was Champ car and it was hosted by West Edmonton Mall. My sinister works for the hotel and we sat in the hospitality suite with food and drinks (tented) right above the pit lane. It was incredible. Got to walk around the pits and everything. The only way to go!

Glad it's over now. It was very noisy for my parents who live fairly close to the airport.

That is awesome that you both got a chance to watch the racing event. Sounds like you both had fun in the sun. So even tho Danica didn't walk away with any gold metals, are you both big fans of hers?

I think it's great that a woman has finally cracked Indy racing! It's about time. Although it's tough for her to get the respect she deserves. She's being watched and criticized constantly. And any disagreement becomes a cat-fight or something. It's not like the guy never fight and complain about each other. It would be great to see more woman get into some of these male-dominated sports!

For instance, can you believe that the Canadian Women's Ski Jumping Team is not allowed to compete in the Olympics? Basically because they are an all-woman team? Ridiculous!

+ Reply to Thread