+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Hockey 2008 - 2009

Starting a new thread on free agency day.

My Oilers are making deals this week. We're saying bye-bye to Jarrett Stoll, Matt Greene, Raffi Torres, and Joni Pitkanen. All I can say is I hope these deals work out, Vishnosky already sounds like a whiney baby because he's "pissed off" about the trade. Really hope that Erik Cole fits in with our team. He should be good.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

I was shocked by the Pitkanen/ Cole trade.
    Lowe isn't shy about making moves, but I thought they might try to hold on to Pitkanen and see if he could finally live up to his promise.

Cujo's going back to the Leafs for one year as their back up to Toskala as they're buying out Raycroft.
    Leafs also bought out Tucker and waived Wellwood who was picked up by Vancouver a few days back.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I can't believe how many waivers and then buy outs there were this year. I don't remember it ever being like this. The teams that were on the fringes last year are going to be very different this year.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

According to a number of sources, Vancouver has offered Sundin $20m over two years, which I find mind-blowing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Corey Perry, a restricted free agent, signed a five-year, $26.63 million contract, matching the terms of the contract Ryan Getzlaf signed with the Ducks in November.

It's a shame the Ducks were too stupid to offer Dustin something similar last year. They could of keep the PPG line together for a long time!

Rumour has it Hossa's about to sign with Detroit and the Stars are apparently in talks with Sean Avery.
    The Av's took on a couple of Toronto's buy-outs, Raycroft and Tucker and the Leafs signed Jeff Finger to a ridiculous contract $14m over four years.
    The Canes quickly signed Pitkanen after yesterday's trade with Edmonton, 3 years $12m.
    Rolston went to New Jersey and Redden to NYR so if the Hossa rumours are true, with Campbell going to Chicago yesterday Sundin is one of the biggest names still unsigned and he apparently hasn't even decided whether to continue playing in the NHL next season.

ETA. Wings sign Hossa, one year $7.4m. Avery signs with Stars 4 years $16m.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-02-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Damn, I am not happy at all about the Avery deal.

I do love Eric Cole coming to Edmonton, though. The more shakeups the better, IMO.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3096020;
    Wings sign Hossa, one year $7.4m.
    Ugh, I was really hoping he would come here. I hope Ryder has some game left.

How the hell does Detroit do this every year?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3096538;
    Damn, I am not happy at all about the Avery deal.
    Sorry. I'm quite pleased with the Avery deal. He'll add the grit and toughness that some of our forwards are lacking.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;3097372;
    Ugh, I was really hoping he would come here. I hope Ryder has some game left.

How the hell does Detroit do this every year?
    Unfortunately we didn't have the cap space....unless Chiarelli dumped Murray & Manny in the minors (or something like that). We have about $2 million in cap space with Ryder included and Wideman isn't signed yet. I hope Ryder can turn it around.

And I'm absolutely shocked that Hossa signed a ONE year deal.

And I still can't believe the Jeff Finger deal. One full season in the NHL and he gets $3.5 million?
    Chicago's over the cap with $12 million tied up in goalies...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast