+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

I hear the Rangers are looking to take him back, and as a lifelong Rangers fan, I approve. He was a good fit in their lineup and something needs to be done asap, judging from this nasty losing streak they're on.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

He's with the Rangers AHL affiliate now. I think it's a case that he was placed on waivers and if he is not picked up he is free for the taking. But the Stars have to pay him half his contract over 5 years, or something like that.

He did attend anger management classes as part of his return to the NHL. So now as long as he keeps his YAP shut it's okay to do the career ending check into the boards.

I do think what he was punished for this time was pretty silly. I think they gave him such a harsh one because he was just that much of an arrogant idiot to go and call the mini conference just to say it!

He'll definitely be back though somewhere.

I still feel like at least half of his six game ban was for shielding Brodeur with his stick.
    They couldn't get him for that because there was no rule against it...until they added one.

When an elbow to the head or hit from behind gets fewer games than an off-colour remark, Colin Campbell needs to rethink his standard for bans, imo.
    I don't even think it should be an issue that he called the reporters over to him to make his remark, I think that's a smokescreen.
    That aspect was blown up as a way of justifying a longer ban, imo.

The most important thing that people continue to forget is that Elisha Cuthbert was "sloppy seconds" when he got her, if he must use that term, considering she'd already dated Mike Komisarek.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't think Avery was banned for any one incident, it wasn't just the "sloppy seconds" remark. And, wasn't he specifically told not to talk to the press by his coaches and then went ahead and did anyway? Talk about disrespect. It was his behavior overall leading up to the press conference that caused the Stars and the NHL to come down on him.....couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.....imo.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Agree with Denna40 it was the final piece in a long line of idiot moves that he made that caused the suspension. As long as he just plays hockey and doesn't try to be a D-list celebrity then coming back is a good thing.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

It's Avery.. he can't help himself but want to be in the spotlight... He's like hockey's Paris Hilton.

According to Sportsnet up here in Canada, Avery will be on re-entry waivers on Monday.

If the buzz about Sather looking to pick him up again is true, Avery v Tortorella could be a very fiery situation.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Travis Moen put Steve Ott in place yesterday during the Ducks win over the Stars.
    You Tube Travis Moen vs Steve Ott Feb 28,2008 for a good fight! Giguere received a roughing, GO Giguere! Way to "stick up" for your boys!

I'm very much looking forward to Trade Deadline Day on Wednesday.

Looks like Bill Guerin is on his way off the Island, possibly before TDD.
    Also heard rumours that Pronger and his elbows might be on the way out of Anaheim.
    Kaberle has given Burke a list of places he's willing to go and other than Stajan, Kubina and Schenn it seems like anyone and everyone currently playing for Toronto is rumoured to be on the block.
    Burke's having a fire sale by the sound of it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread