+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

GOLD WJHC 5-1.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CANADIAN WORLD JUNIOR HOCKEY TEAM ON THEIR FIFTH CONSECUTIVE WIN!! IT WAS A GREAT SERIES! Wooo Hooo!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey

Rumors are flying that Chris Pronger will be heading to Toronto!

Well, orange Lauren won't like that. It's freezing here at the moment and will be for the next couple of months at least.

Toronto unloaded a lot of high-priced, under-performing talent when Fletcher took over as GM.
    The feeling here has been that Toronto is in a strong rebuilding phase and should be doing that through the draft rather than by taking on big contracts.
    If Pronger is available, I think he's still locked in at $6m+ for at least one more year, that's an attractive contract for a player of his ability, even though I'm lead to believe he's not having such an effective year so far.
    If Fletcher was still the GM I don't think there would be any chance he would come here, but with Burke, who knows? Plans may have changed.
    I hope the rumour doesn't have legs because I can't stand Pronger and would prefer he stay out west so I don't have to see him as much
    "That's Numberwang!"

Bite your tongue, fluff. We definitely don't want to see him in western Canada. I can't believe the missus will enjoy Toronto any more than she liked Edmonton. Hope she saved her snowboots & touque from when she lived here.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

He's a punk a.. wherever he goes imo.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Can't argue with that

Did anyone watch any of the "action" from All- Star weekend?
    I thought the breakaway competition was a big let down, apart fom Ovechkin and his antics because I just adore him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3298123;
    Can't argue with that

Did anyone watch any of the "action" from All- Star weekend?
    I thought the breakaway competition was a big let down, apart fom Ovechkin and his antics because I just adore him.
    Yeah, I didn't really like the breakaway competition either.
    I just had to laugh at Tim Thomas letting Marc Savard score on him in the shootout elimination challenge. He always tries to hard to keep the puck out no matter what, but lets his teammate score on him.

FORT Fogey

HEEE'S BAAAACK!!!!

Sean Avery starts return with AHL's Wolf Pack

Sean Avery starts return with AHL's Wolf Pack

Sean Avery made his American Hockey League debut Saturday night, taking the first step toward getting his professional career back on track.

"I felt good. I was a little nervous. It's been a long time since I've played," said Avery, who logged close to 20 minutes of ice time.

Oh the poor AHL!! I doubt it'll be long before his bad behaviour rears its ugly head.

I'm not a fan of Avery, but I do think the punishment they gave him was far too harsh.
    He's not without talent, so I hope he can turn things around and make a return to the NHL.
    This was such a foolish note for him to go out on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread