+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3106572;
    You guys are getting a great player in Erik Cole. He's deceptively fast and gritty, and can score some goals. He's a fan favorite here in Raleigh, and I personally hate to see him go. I hope this trade works out for both teams & players involved. I don't know much about Pitkanen, despite the fact that he played in Philly, but I hope he turns out to be the answer to the Canes defensive woes. I will hate it if we gave up Cole and this doesn't pan out.
    My opinion of Pitkanen is flashes of brilliance but mostly doesn't put in the effort. He's the type of guy in school who never had to study but got A's and then when he goes off to University or College doesn't have the work ethic needed to excel in the big time. Doesn't mean he isn't smart or a great hockey player it's that he won't put in the effort to go to the next level. Maybe getting traded again will wake him up. From what I hear it was the same story in Philly.

ETA:
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Cole can do on the team. Oilers love a gritty, hard-working guy.
    Last edited by Bubba-Jo-Lyn; 07-06-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: forgot about Cole
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Bubba-Jo-Lyn!

I hate to admit it, but I haven't kept up with the Oiler's at all this year. Just the recent publicity about Katz buying the team. Man, does he have an amazing house on the river valley! Have you been in it Bubba-Jo-Lynn?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3145059;
    Bubba-Jo-Lyn!

I hate to admit it, but I haven't kept up with the Oiler's at all this year. Just the recent publicity about Katz buying the team. Man, does he have an amazing house on the river valley! Have you been in it Bubba-Jo-Lynn?
    No, can't say that I have. I didn't even know we had a billionare living in Edmonton until he put the offer in for the Oilers last year. I'm really looking forward to having a single owner of the team with loads of money behind him will mean to the Oilers and the city. Hopefully we get the new arena built within the next 5-10 years cause that will be awesome. I don't even care where they build it; downtown or wherever just build it and we will come.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Hockey season is coming up quickly...I'm excited!

What are everyone's thoughts about another fantasy league? I see Yahoo has their's going again already and the draft is set for 26th I believe. The NHL's isn't up yet and I think I may go into the HNIC one but it isn't up yet either. Any thoughts, suggestions or offers to set it up?

I'd be up for it again. Any suggestions on how to make it better? Games start on Oct 4th in Europe. On yahoo the draft can happen anytime until Oct 26th.

I'm so excited for this season!

I moved to Aruba... & obviously hockey isn't big here. haha.

Does anyone know where I can watch the NHL games online? I can't miss seeing my precious Flames in action.

I joined a public league on Yahoo and also found one on fanball where you have a salary cap and pick your team from there. Sportsnet has me confused and CBC's is just up so I am going to try that one out this year as well. If enough people want to do it again I think we can do a thing on Yahoo called the rotisserie (sp?) where you do not go head to head.

I made a league on sportsnet

- Fantasy Hockey Pick'em - Sportsnet.ca

The group is FoRT HoCKEY and you can message me for the password.

It is a lot like the HNIC pool if you are familiar with that one. Basically you are given a cap of 50 points and each player is assigned a # in terms of their worth ie. Zetterberg=8 points; Mike Comrie=4 points; etc.

You can change your team every week at your discretion, just stay below your 50 point cap.

Points are given as follows.....

Skaters - Goals & assists

Goalies - Win = 2; OT or Shootout Loss = 1; Shutout = 2 (shutout win = 4)

One of the cool things (I think) about this one is you can see how you are doing against everyone and not just those in your league.

One drawback I just found a spot that says you have to be a US resident..... sorry! If someone wants to do a Yahoo one instead I will join that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3207218;
    I'd be up for it again. Any suggestions on how to make it better? Games start on Oct 4th in Europe. On yahoo the draft can happen anytime until Oct 26th.
    I think one way to make it a bit better would be to have some friendly banter

and of course some
    and

I actually am finding it hard to believe that hockey's starting already. It seems so early. Or is it just me? There's still a lot of football left to be played (here in Canada when the season ends in Nov) and definitely a lot left in the NFL!

+ Reply to Thread