+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

FORT Fogey

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3528346;
    The entry draft has started and even though there was some speculation that the Islanders would take Hedman, they did decide to take Tavares.

One big trade that will no doubt interest Pugmum is Pronger to Philly in exchange for Lupul, yes Pronger traded for Lupul again, plus Luca Sbisa and two first round picks.

There was a lot of buzz about Philly wanting Bouwmeester, but I would imagine this trade ends that speculation.

Ducks ship defenceman Pronger to Flyers
    Thanks for thinking of my interest in the Pronger trade. I was really shocked (and saddened) to hear this news. As I am sure that he was too.
    His family seems to be really happy here the OC. Even his brother Sean lives here and coaches a local HS hockey team.
    I kind of wonder if he will keep his roots here and commute. Many of others that have recently been traded seem to be doing that.
    (my son sees them at the rink with their kids).

I heard about Pronger being traded before I heard that Scott Neidermeyer had told management he intends to play next season.
    Once I heard that it made sense that Pronger was the one to go given he had no NMC and Burke has apparently left the Ducks in some cap trouble for next season.
    I don't know if that's true, I didn't look into it, but it's something that was mention quite often here in Canada after he joined the Leafs.

Philly has a great looking defence with Pronger, Timonen and Coburn and my JBo's rights have been traded to Calgary so if they can sign him Bouwmeester, Phaneuf and Regher doesn't look too shabby either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The Free-agent Frenzy has been underway for about five hours and there's been a fair amount of movement.
    TSN has provided a handy tracker 2009 Sortable NHL Free Agent Tracker

Some of the big name moves include S Neidermeyer staying in Anaheim for another year ($6m), Hossa to the Hawks for 12, yes 12 years, for a total of $62m.
    The Sedins have signed identical (naturally ) 5 years deals with the Canucks for $30.5m
    "That's Numberwang!"

Haven't been in here forever and have missed ya Fluff...wanted to say Hello. I'm going to seriously try to post here more often.

Loved the NHL schedule, lots of "my" guys come to Montreal this season...WOOHOO!!!
    Is it hockey season yet?

+ Reply to Thread