+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Re: Hockey 2008 - 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3488710;
    What... no comment after Saturday night's game? No comments about the disgusting slash on Datsyuk's ankles? No comments about Malkin's leading with the elbow to the eye followed up by a stick to the neck on Franzen? Desperation ain't pretty on the ice.

I've been very happy that the refs, for the most part, have been letting these guys play hockey. Things have been pretty even across the board when it comes to penalties called and not called. It's been a pretty fun series to watch.

But Saturday was pathetic. Saturday pointed out the clear difference between the Red Wings and the Penguins: maturity. The Wings don't lose all sense of composure when they get outplayed. Let's hope things are different tomorrow night.
    Can't comment because I didn't see the game, but plenty of nastiness on all parts, not just Pens, from what I've seen of the series. It all depends on which side of the ice you're sitting how you see it. I think more nastiness from the Wings, but I'm definitely not a Wings fan, so that's my perspective.

I don't really enjoy hockey as much as I used to, to tell you the truth. I want to go back to the days when skill and not bash and crash was what won games, but I guess those days are gone forever.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3492029;
    Can't comment because I didn't see the game, but plenty of nastiness on all parts, not just Pens, from what I've seen of the series. It all depends on which side of the ice you're sitting how you see it. I think more nastiness from the Wings, but I'm definitely not a Wings fan, so that's my perspective.
    There are certainly some people that put "loyal" blinders on on behalf of their team, but if you're a fan of the game you can call it as it is, regardless of which side you're sitting. I'm a Pittsburgh fan, just not in this series. And I sit and watch the games with Pittsburgh fans who were just as vocal about the Saturday game.

I don't really enjoy hockey as much as I used to, to tell you the truth. I want to go back to the days when skill and not bash and crash was what won games, but I guess those days are gone forever.
    Agreed!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I honestly don't watch any other hockey besides the Pens. It just doesn't interest me, but I like to cheer on the PA teams. I'm actually watching the game tonight! I'll keep a look out for those sneaky nasty hits!
    Wake up and be awesome

They're playing rough tonight.... but I like this. Tons of energy! ("They" being both teams.)

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Wow, that was a great hockey game tonight! I really thought it might end in a tie! I'm glad the Pens forced Game 7, but definitely not glad it isn't on the Pens' home ice!
    Wake up and be awesome

Fleury was AMAZING last night... definitely the best game that I've seen from him. On any other night several of those 3rd period shots would have sailed past him but he was completely on his game. Ozzy, too.

I said at the beginning of this series that it was going to come down to home ice advantage and I'm still optimistic for that. This is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3492672;
    Wow, that was a great hockey game tonight! I really thought it might end in a tie! I'm glad the Pens forced Game 7, but definitely not glad it isn't on the Pens' home ice!
    Agreed PSU, wishin' we had game 7 in the 'burgh!....we need the "roar" of Pens fans in Detroit!

I'm just glad the championship will be decided on Friday. I don't know how many more good and tense games my heart can take!

One of our Pittsburgh morning dj's said it the best "After the down to the wire Superbowl win and all of the exciting and tense Pens games it will be a relief to only have losing Pirates baseball to worry about."

Nothing better then a Game 7 for Lord Stanley's Cup!! (unless it goes into overtime)
    It's been a great series and it's too bad it will all be over Friday.
    Congrats to both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3488710;
    What... no comment after Saturday night's game? No comments about the disgusting slash on Datsyuk's ankles? No comments about Malkin's leading with the elbow to the eye followed up by a stick to the neck on Franzen?
    Oh man, I can't even tell you how glad I was to see somebody finally give Franzen a taste of his own medicine. Dude runs around taking cheap shots on players and goalies alike and then runs and hides when somebody wants to call him on it. If you're going to play like that, you better be ready to answer the bell. Even Sean Avery and his four brain cells have figured that much out.

As those above incidents would suggest, not to say the Pens themselves are clean, but the Wings as a whole are pretty dirty too, but I guess that's what happens when you have the instigator rule and a team filled with Europeans.
    Last edited by smartguy24; 06-11-2009 at 07:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread